1977 F350 4x4 buildup!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I've waiting somewhere around 5 years to build an IDI truck to my liking, here's the first Ford I ever owned, a 4x2 460 C6 truck, for now I'll just drop the C6/6.9 from the parts truck on the way and overhaul the ZF5 that comes in the bed, bolt on a transfer case, look for a gear vendors OD, figure out how to get a drive axle under the front, and possibly cut the frame down for a short bed, she'll receive a nice little lift gate and a hidden air compressor and tanks, tool boxes hidden away, and some sort of a nice little turbo to keep things moving down the road body and paint to look new, captians chairs from an early 80's truck, and a stereo worth turning all the way up, with ear plugs of course!

You must be registered for see images

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet is that a camper model? if so those bedside doors would make perfect toolboxes

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Now I'll be looking for a camper bed..., the CC dualie is its own project, I've moved the '77 2-3 times in the last 10 years, the tags say last registered in 2001 and I think I purchased it in early 1998, I'm the third owner, the guy I purchased it from got it from the orgional owner in 1978, the only major body damage is the drivers side of the bed, I'll get more photos as I cut the grass or corn stalks or whatever it is hiding behind, she's a mess at this point :D

The truck in the background I did get from the origional owner, there's a cowboy caddilac if I ever saw one! My other F250 is blue too, think I got a thing for blue trucks? :rotflmao and I want a blue F600 too cookoo

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya the camper beds are nice but i think they were only 8 foot but im sure with enough effort the doors could be grafted or something

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Cool project! ;Sweet

How does one go about dealing with the smog issues on converting gas to diesel? :dunno

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Cool project! ;Sweet

How does one go about dealing with the smog issues on converting gas to diesel? :dunno

I think this one's off the books, so I should be able to just register it as a diesel, but in CA you can get a certification by taking the engine from a vehicle of the same weight class or newer, the same model year or newer, get plenty of paperwork including the donor vehicle VIN and get an engine change certification, I've heard it's $20, basically the visual part of the smog check based on your donor vehicle, and you get a sticker with the donor VIN, a baqr code, and some other info under your hood.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Beds...

Now I'm thinking of the camper bed, I thought it had the giant slide out tire carrier, super rare, but is it the bed with the compartment on the passenger side under it all? That's what I have in mine, perhaps a good reason to keep my long bed! I'm thinking of retrofitting a chevy drivers side outside-the-frame tank to this truck as an equipment refueling tank that doesn't eat up bed space :sly

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i call both camper beds but ya the tire ones and compartment ones work very well

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
camper specials had the rear axle set back like 18" with a slide out tire carrier. the tool box on the side was nothing really special.

oh and im VERY jealous!

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F-350 camper specials had 140" WB vs all others At 133".

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might not been much but very retro cool looking now