fuel heaters for sale

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys trying to make some extra cash and I have been very happy with my heater on my truck for the last few days. My engine seems to run smoother and am able to run more waste engine oil and tranny fluid than before. I still have smoke on start up but it clears up fast. This heater that I am selling is 5" long 2" wide 1" thick with 3/8 barb fittings for fuel and 1/2 barb fittings for water. Mine on my truck seems to keep my fuel over 150 after engine is warmed up. If yall are interested in other sizes let me know and I can get you a price on building you one. The heaters I have been looking at on ebay are way over priced and me using waste oil for fuel I am always looking for a good price. I am wanting $65 shipped for the pictured one. I am going to build another one just like this one this week in my spare time. Greg

You must be registered for see images attach

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a bad idea at all. i already have a heated aux tank and fuel filter for WVO/SVO/WMO/ whatever else, but if i didn't i would definitely use and recommend something like this to heat the those alternate fuels!!!

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey thanks! I am using a little larger one than I am trying to sale. My engine runs 170-190 and when I drive to town my block gets hot. I tested the temp on block and it was around 150. I could use the smaller one like I am trying to sell but I have tons of room under hood and I figured others might not and that is the reason for the smaller one. I used a drill press and have to drill from both ends to get all the way through the block. I have spent about 3 hours on each and have over $23.00 in each one. I figure there a good deal compared to the ones on ebay and other sites that I have seen.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man I figured somebody would want some of these. Oh well I guess I can piggy back a few on my truck!

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this one was capable of getting the fuel up to 150 degrees?

Where did you have it plumbed into and were you using a mechanical lift pump?

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my block was a little over 150. I dont have a gauge yet for the fuel but it should be close I would think. I have water from my outlet in the thermostat housing going in and returning to the other side of engine. My engine seems to be running more smooth now for sure. Mine on my truck is 8" long and this mine is 5". I need to insulate around my block and get slip on insulation covers for the lines. I figure that will help quite a bit in the winter. My fuel line going out of block goes into the lift pump into injection pump. Let me know if you have any other questions. Greg

You must be registered for see images attach

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think I would have a problem putting it between mymechanical fuel pump and the filter on my 6.9?

I was debating between putting one there or near the exhuast manifold on the passengers side before the fuel pump. I figured it would be a little extra heat anyway.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think you would want to put it on the passenger side fender if you have room. Your fuel line would come up just a little bit and in and out would have to go up just a little to the filter. I am not real familiar with the 80s models trucks. When I do mine on my 7.3 going in my 68 I will not have the filter on the engine. My block will go above the pump and I will build a bracket for it. I will have several filters on the frame and will be running electric fuel pumps. Let me know if you have any other questions and we will try to figure it out. Greg

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more question real quick, what electric fuel pumps work well with wmo and atf?

If you take paypal Ill take one.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell you the truth I have had good luck with $50 part store inline strait pumps. I ran a holley blue and it leaked from day one and would cut in and out. I got one of the procomp pumps that were kinda like a holley and no luck either. Maybe one of the veggie oil guys will have a opinion on what pump to run. PM sent Thanks Greg

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im intrested in one let my income tax go through and you will have another one sold for sure!

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine made a big difference on my 4bt. I am only using about 1/3 oil to rest diesel. With the idi you can use more oil without heat. The heater thins the oil so it is more the viscosity of diesel. Your not going to find one this big for this kind of price. I need to build some kind of jig so my holes on the ends are always the same. Mine are not perfect like mass produced items but Mine are about a third of the price. I was hoping to sell 4-5 to get some feedback from the buyers so I know if there needs to be any difference in the size of the blocks. My 4bt does not flow as much fuel as a bigger engine and that can change how warm the fuel gets as it sits in the block a little longer. I could be wrong on the flow between the bigger engine and mine as my truck gets about the same mileage as my 6.9 truck use to get. Curious about that now!