Clutch Master Cylinder Pushrod Bushing

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Master Cylinder pushrod bushing finally cracked and fell out on the way to work this morning, causing a loud "POP" every time I depressed the clutch, and eventually causing the pushrod to fall off the linkage and leave me without a clutch.

I did some hunting around, and most places will only sell the whole Master Cylinder assy, but I did talk to an old guy at the Ford Parts Counter who found just the bushing, instock, for less than $10!

Ford P/N E69Z-7526-A if anyone needs it. I paid a tick over $8 after tax.

Ryan

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I just bought one of those from ford 2 weeks ago for $10, then my clutch master broke and the new one came with a bushing as well. Now I have a spare. LOL I also noticed at Schucks/O'reilly's in the help section there was a box containing misc. clutch bushings and the ford bushing was in there, about $6 for the set. :rolleyes:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy I work with had his clutch rod fall also when his bushing went out. I meant to drill the pin for a cotter key or clip before I installed the pedal assembly, but forgot. I went ahead and slipped one of those hair-pin type clips around the pin in the groove, as extra insurance to hopefully keep mine from falling off, apparently it happens everyone at least once.

91crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just cut off that prone-to-wearing-out eye loop on the clutch master rod and slip a heim joint on there. Then bolt the heim to the clutch linkage. Its in the tech articles.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the heim joint mod listed in the tech articles is a great repair, I believe it's best suited to vehicle whose bushing has been neglected, causing the pushrod loop to become elongated and the pin on the pedal linkage to become worn. (The tech article clearly states this)

On my truck, I'd just replaced the pedal assy a year or two ago due to different bushings failing, and the clutch MC assy was replaced just prior to that. Since there was no need to re-engineer anything, and a $8 bushing would fix my problem in the work parking lot while wearing a dress shirt and tie, I opted for the bushing. Installing a hitch pin type clip in the groove of the pin is a great idea, and Toyota makes a specific pin for their clutch linkage on a Tacoma that will work perfectly. I'll look into that tomorrow...

I figured the part number may prove relevant for someone else in the future- perhaps this information could be added to the tech article in a "if yours just broke and hasn't worn stuff out yet" sort of disclaimer?

Ryan