Injector Pop Test machine

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Were can i get one resonable priced, or even can i make one? Im in real need of one

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you try to make one, don't use any plumbing fittings, get your fittings at a hydraulic supply if you value your life Get a good face shield, possibly invest in a war surplus flack jacket :eek: Seriously how much is your life worth. I bring being a cheap ******* to new levels , but even I'll draw the line when it comes to self mutilation .:eek: REal testers come up for sale pretty regularly for not too horribly much , by the time you chase all the parts down , you probably will be fairly close on the cash,

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If you try to make one, don't use any plumbing fittings, get your fittings at a hydraulic supply if you value your life Get a good face shield, possibly invest in a war surplus flack jacket :eek: Seriously how much is your life worth. I bring being a cheap ******* to new levels , but even I'll draw the line when it comes to self mutilation .:eek: REal testers come up for sale pretty regularly for not too horribly much , by the time you chase all the parts down , you probably will be fairly close on the cash,

can i saifly make one, usaully when i have the money there not one for sale and when there is one for sale i dont have the money, so really can i make one safely? i have a face sheild to wear

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built one like that but couldnt get it to work, once I got all the leaks stopped it wouldnt hold pressure. If you do try to build one get a GOOD jack, I suspect thats the reason mine never worked right.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built one using the bottle jack method and it works great, but I have a lot of experience working with both welding and hydraulics. Like RLDSL said...you will be playing with something very dangerous and if built wrong you could realistically kill yourself...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... if your really despirate, just disconnect one of the easily accessible injector lines, and use a spare line to connect a free standing injector to the pump and start the engine. You won't know what the pop presure is, but you can see the spray pattern. Yea, the engine will sound a little funny. :rolleyes:

Seriously... don't do that. Buy the tool.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Well... if your really despirate, just disconnect one of the easily accessible injector lines, and use a spare line to connect a free standing injector to the pump and start the engine. You won't know what the pop presure is, but you can see the spray pattern. Yea, the engine will sound a little funny. :rolleyes:

Seriously... don't do that. Buy the tool.

i wouldnt do thatLOL that could be hazordous lol, but i may try to make on of these and just weird lots of saftey gear when i use itLOL

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i didnt bother to read all the replies but i would have put a check valve in parallel with the shut off valve. in theory, that would have allowed you to just run the pressure up till the injector popped, and (with the shut off valve closed) the check valve would hold the last measurable pressure.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Deltrol-Fluid-Hydraulic-In-Line-1-4-Check-Valve-New_W0QQitemZ300381915680QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45f0284a20
this would do the job very nicely. once you have your pressure recorded you just open the shut off valve and release the pressure. simple and effective. everything else in his design looks good to me except for the lack of a lexan shield.