IP info?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An exploded view wouldn't help much either. The best way to learn one is to take one apart. Come to an IDI Weekend, and we have one all disassembled for your learning pleasure.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
An exploded view wouldn't help much either. The best way to learn one is to take one apart. Come to an IDI Weekend, and we have one all disassembled for your learning pleasure.

I've got mine apart right now. somehow i just seem to understand better with an exploded view. I may try to get to the 08 seeing we haven't been to see mom in a year or two. But i'd just have to tell the wife and kids we would be going to see her aunt and make a wrong turn and have to stay the night at the campground.:D

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Ok here is what I belive happened.... The inlet screen is cloged and not letting enough fuel in, (it is being forced in my fuel pump) No fuel to lube it and POW the shaft breaks? So could it happen?:dunno

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will like to see some pics and exploded diagram of this IP too . - Thanks

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Dwight, ironically I stopped by Brattian Int. in Bend, Or friday talking to them about some books. I got a couple ordered part #'s that Icanfixall had listed....should be in in about a week.
Anyway, while we were chatting they printed from their puter exploded views with part numbers of the 7.3 DB2 pump, along with exploded view & part list of injectors.

If someone else don't do it first, I can try to scan this stuff & post or send in next 2-3-4 hrs......now bear in mind, I'll have to get one of the kids to come by & show me how. I'm dumber than a box of rocks.

Looks like 3 pages of exploded, 5 pages of part numbers.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Hey that is cool! I'm going to switch pumps off my parts truck today and see what happens? what is the fast and easiest way to get fuel out of a tank? and what is a part number for the inlet screen or the best way to clean it?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fast easy way is if you have an electric pump and hook up a rubber hose to the supply line and pump the tank's fuel into CLEAN 5 gallon buckets or CLEAN oil jugs. That is if its going to be reused. if its going to the hazmat dump or on the bonfire, use whatever container happens to be handy.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, I would never go back.... I even have mine on a toggle switch in the cab to show how big of a redneck I am. Its slick unless you forget to turn it on or off. Two words...Holley Red... not MR Gasket

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
DB2 pics

Dwight,
If I doing this right here are the scanned printouts from Brattain Int. Don't know if I know how to post, but here goes...I still feel Dumb!
I got them in Word.

Looks like filter screen is #14 on printout # 512-115.
Hope all this crap comes thru A-OK.
& I still feel Dumber than a box of rocks....If I pull off posting these pics I'll fell lika a GENIUSSSS!!!!!

Drain tank....I got another fuel cap with a schrader valve glued in it....undo a line & put 1-2-3 # air to tank GENNNtTLLLYYYY!!!! If 'ya ain't gentle, you WILL make a 32 gal tank outa a 19 gal tank. Don't ask......(but it don't leak, yet!!!!)
James

Attachments

• IP Explode View Trans. Pump 512-115.doc
    65.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IP Parts 512-115.doc
    53 KB · Views: 29
  • IP Explode ViewHead,Rotor 512-114.doc
    62.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IP Parts 512-114 page 1.doc
    82.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IP Parts 512-114 page 2.doc
    48 KB · Views: 19
  • IP Exploded View Governor 512-116.doc
    64.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IP Parts 512-116.doc
    62.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IP Exploded View Housing & Drive 512-135.doc
    82 KB · Views: 21
  • IP Parts 512-135 page 1.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IP Parts 512-135 page 2.doc
    50 KB · Views: 20

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Hey cool,
I switched the IP off the 88 tonight and after a little coaxing the 87 fired right up and went to humming. now I've just got to empty those tanks on the 88!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok here is what I belive happened.... The inlet screen is cloged and not letting enough fuel in, (it is being forced in my fuel pump) No fuel to lube it and POW the shaft breaks? So could it happen?:dunno

Not likely. By the time the pump would fail from lack of lubrication, the engine would have stopped running long before. Perhaps what would be more likely is if some smooge coagulated in the pump after you shut it down, and then it broke when you cranked it later after it cooled.