shifting options

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at programming my trans shift for towing. is it better to have the down shift patterns as TC off, 4-3, 3-2, 2-1... or 4-3, TC off, 3-2, 2-1... Or 4-3, 3-2, TC off, 2-1?

Which will be best for power, and which will be best on the trans.

Thanks
Doug

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For towing, TC on as much as possible for down grades and keep the RPMs up for fluid flow(pressure/cooling) 1200 minimum???. Really heavy loads and or really steep hills might need the TC out in second if you have tall gearing, but I wouldn't think so.

Will this be road towing or field towing or both.

TC out will give better power at lower RPM but will create extra heat.

I would like to see the TC on in 1st and probably 2nd above a certain speed/RPM. For maximum power the TC needs to unlock below say 1500/1800 RPM for torque multiplication, this also allows the pump to spin faster at low RPMs.

This opinion subject to change upon return to conscientiousness(spell that with out spell check).

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not think I can spell it even with spell check.

I run 4.10 gears, and standard tires. I tow just the TT listed below.
TC locking is set by MPH not RPM in the program. I can also set a minimum speed to always keep the TC locked, and I can also set the TPS value to lock and unlock. this is the baumann TCS that Okie braged about! and it is everything he said it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online