Good OBS replacement headlights

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Anybody have some good experience or a source for good replacement headlight lenses for a 1994? Mine are nice N' yellow and my eBay purchase attempt at a headlight is JUNK!

Thanks

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend looking up the headlight restoration thread. Basically entails some very easy cleaning of the headlight lens with a turtle wax restore kit and then clear coating over that with mineral spirits and a clear urethane. I did mine and they look good as new.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have some good experience or a source for good replacement headlight lenses for a 1994? Mine are nice N' yellow and my eBay purchase attempt at a headlight is JUNK!

Thanks

If yours is Yellow on the inside like mine is on the 99, no way can they be cleaned. Lousy plastic lens, should be outlawed. :mad:
They look like a Yellow spotlite on the garage door.

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The yellow can actually be stripped if its inside, its just more difficult. You have to separate the lens from the housing and its much more time consuming. I've stripped a few other vehicles this way but I don't fancy the work. Typically the inside of the lens yellows if it isn't sealed properly.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for just regular ol' OEM-style replacements, or do you want to upgrade? Both LMC and Bronco Graveyard have replacement OEM-style headlights for sale, but I don't know how well put together they are vs the ebay stuff.

If you're looking to upgrade, there are a few different routes you can go, but I only have hands-on experience with the easiest option. I replaced my old OEM headlights last year with some clear ones from DEPO / IPCW, and I am 100% satisfied with them. They light up the road REALLY good, they fit good in the truck, almost 1 year in and no cracks or fading, and they look (to me) like they belong on the truck. I have no complaints, other than Ford's engineers deliberately making this job harder than it needed to be.

Here are some before and after shots I took a while back, along with links and part #'s for the stuff I used. There are other routes you can go, but the other options ain't cheap.

jhenegh

Reaction score
Mine are too yellow to try I think, I never had any luck going around the pins anyway on a Taurus that I tried . We'll see. I like the look of the clear lenses personally.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some of the ebay clear lenses. I like the headlights, although the quality of them isn't as good as the OEM. I had to take the adjusters off my original lights and move them to the clear lenses because they came with junk adjusters.

The clear corners and turn signals were great, for a while. They have really started to yellow out after only a year. I will be switching back to the original corner and turn signals, but keeping the clear headlights.

jhenegh

Reaction score
Why did I not think to swap the oem adjusters to these clear ones I have?cookoo Brilliant

I bought some of the ebay clear lenses. I like the headlights, although the quality of them isn't as good as the OEM. I had to take the adjusters off my original lights and move them to the clear lenses because they came with junk adjusters.

The clear corners and turn signals were great, for a while. They have really started to yellow out after only a year. I will be switching back to the original corner and turn signals, but keeping the clear headlights.