So what did you do with your truck today?

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 96 Powerstroke I flushed the rad out from the backside (not inside :D ) and a lot of UK or Kansas sand came out (truck was there before it came to me) - BUT, as I was leaning over the rad the damn hood hit me on my head and my lips kissed the hood latch, great! At first I didn't think it was bad but about half a minute later I realised my hand was red with blood :rolleyes: ... oh well ... (but really, it wasn't that bad, it's all good now - stopped bleeding after 15 min.)

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
BUT, as I was leaning over the rad the damn hood hit me on my head and my lips kissed the hood latch, great! At first I didn't think it was bad but about half a minute later I realised my hand was red with blood :rolleyes: ... oh well ... (but really, it wasn't that bad, it's all good now - stopped bleeding after 15 min.)

Sounds more like "So What Did Your Truck Do To You Today?" LOL

When the Ford gods demand a blood sacrifice, usually busted knuckles will suffice but sometimes they want a little extra...

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds more like "So What Did Your Truck Do To You Today?" LOL

When the Ford gods demand a blood sacrifice, usually busted knuckles will suffice but sometimes they want a little extra...

It seems the Ford gods demand a sacrifice every time I work on my truck. Story of my life. :dunno :hail :frustrate

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck; lost power steering and alt belt came on.pulled over quick.idler pulley seized up and blew apart.serp belt was fine.
using a piece of throw line (strong arborist string which attaches to a throw bag,used to toss up into a tree,so as to set a rope) i tied a loop around the crank and water pump pulley using a bowline knot, turned her around and headed back home to "borrow" the one on log truck while watching the coolant temp gauge.she made it back while keeping her cool,where i swapped pulleys and was back in action.bought a replacement after work and tossed it back on log truck.

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
Helped a friend
It's what friends do
2800 lbs rotten Fire wood
2600 lbs bark (no bite)
To the dump and filled it again (more bark)
for tomorrow
Tired now
Lcjeff

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Sweet. We have a powerstroke "what did I you do with your powerstroke today" thread.
Should start a thread on it.
We're you tired of your ever-breaking idi? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Socal88

Reaction score
It was the maintenance weekend, what started the whole thing was a few drops of coolent coming from the water pump weep hole ending up on the ground. So ordered a new water pump then thought I should change out the fan clutch since I was in there, then figured I should change the t-stat since it was drained and while I was at it change out upper and lower rad hoses just for good measure. I've had a new lift pump sitting on my bench for a couple of weeks and figured now would be the best time to change it out with only having to remove the alt bracket to make some extra room, easy! Done, it's Miller time!

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Replaced the stupid rivet that held the driver-side power lock actuator in place (until it came apart last week) with a screw and nut. I did this without removing anything but the inside door panel. Pretty sure I'm some sort of magician now.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Sweet. We have a powerstroke "what did I you do with your powerstroke today" thread.
Should start a thread on it.
We're you tired of your ever-breaking idi? Lol

I know lol I just wanted to post it here.ill be playin pics of it there soon cause ive got lots of quiestions and naw can't get tired of the Idi have to much invested.once the 6.9 dies it'll get a 7.3.once that dies or I want a change it'll get a dt swap lol.thatll be when I'm like 40.till then I wanted somethin new an lifted and a new challenge.the first challenge being to get the terrible smell of dog out intell I can gut it.say take a couple years of dogs living in it and ******* an stuff every were.the smell was unbelievable.hell it's still in my nose.now it just smells like a dog has rode in there I can live with that till I get the motor and other stuff lined out.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Someone recently had bought a truck that had goats or sheep in it. I know he got it clean, but I can't remember the method. Something to do with baking soda or powder.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I've got bowls of baking soda to help remove the smell more I think it will just take a few days lol
I used a rug doctor for 2 days straight the seats are gonners there gonna need new foam an everything but the carpet is fine for now I had another set of buckets so we pulled the seats and rug doctored the **** out of it.litterly and figuratively and put them in the front for now.gonna pull the carpet once it's all fixed like the steering column bearing and stuff like that.on the plus side it had like new Memphis speakers all the way around so we put a new radio in it and I think 2 are unhooked so imma pull um out an see

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Does it have cruise control?
If not, get a whole column with cruise and swap the whole thing. Mine was like $35 from lkq.