junk yard question

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I wanted to ask at my local junk yard t here is a 6.9 and a 7.3 that just made it to the junk yard. The last 7.3 I did take the injection pump off just wondering if it would be worth it To take the fuel lines and ip off these two new additions in the junkyard?? Not sure if I could sell them or is it not worth the time?

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always take the fuel lines, IP, Cylinder heads, Intake, Pistons, Connecting Rods, Crank, Block, Cam.... On second thought just pull everything out at once. Saves you the time from disassembly at the yard. LOL

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If nothing else it's nice for the rest of us cause it keeps parts out there. I would take as much as I could; last time for me it was an ip and glow plug harness (lines were already gone). I wanted to take more but figured that was better than nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always grab injection pumps. One day cores will be much harder to get. Nice to have some on the shelves, ya know?

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
If it has electronic cruse control grab the servo off the left fender and cable that run to the ip pump. Pm me ill buy it. Grab the throttle cable also.

Kistthesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its cheap, which it probably is as most yards dont know or care about these old trucks excepf for driveline parts, definitely grab the ip, even if its shot I believe mel, etc buys them for rebuild.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats still a good price on those lines seeing each line these days is around $50.00.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year truck is the 6.9? If it has a tach, grab the OTHER "ip" - the instrument panel. If you do, and you grab the IP, I'll buy the tach sensor and the dash.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had a complete dash out of that 89 i scrapped,
i had planed on trying to sell it to one of you jokers, but some idiot decided to braze it with a torch....

yea those lines are a good deal, but i have other things to buy, and figgured if i could get the complete set for 50, ill do it!
but i already have a spare set, so theres no need.
no reason to be greedy and out bid someone that really needs them...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just make sure it wasn't one of the cash for clunkers motors.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a complete dash out of that 89 i scrapped,
i had planed on trying to sell it to one of you jokers, but some idiot decided to braze it with a torch....
Oh that must've smelled nice. Jerry Brown didn't come by and smack you upside the head for stinkin' the place up? I'm needing that tach for a slantnose anyway....

Just make sure it wasn't one of the cash for clunkers motors.
I don't think C4C applied to any diesels. Still, there'd be plenty of "external" pickin's. 'Course, that was the ultimate ironic tragedy of C4C. Even if the engines in all those vehicles were gas guzzlers, the VEHICLES themselves had scads of good PARTS that could have been re-used, and REDUCED the overall replacement part resource footprint. But nooooo, the rule was, C4C vehicles could be picked over for parts for six months, then the whole vehicle had to be crushed. :confused:-cuss

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86