What oil do you run?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine burns a qt every 600 miles.brand does not matter.went to a qt in 200 miles with 5w40. Cant get 10w30 diesel here at a decent price so i have never tried that

sassyrel

Reaction score
ill only say this. I run the motorcraft 15w40 in my 96. reason?? we had a few,,in the ford garage where I worked for a bit,,that came in, running damn poor...come to find out,,they weren't running the mtrcrft..now before you howl,,this is designed for the smokes...and has more antifoaming properties in it..and that's what the owners of said vehicles had problems with..foaming in the oil,,and the injectors weren't firing.....changed them over to mtrcrft oil,,end of problem.............ymmv...................

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up some archoil additive on the cheap, I'm going to try it on my 240k mile injectors in the 99....can't hurt I guess.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a gift card for the holidays and decided why not try Archoil in both of my trucks.

The 99 has 240k miles on the original fuel system (hpop, injectors, etc) and when cold there is an audible miss from one or more of the injectors until the truck warms up and the noise becomes less pronounced.

I added 16oz of archoil to the crankcase. After only 100 miles of driving the injector noise when cold is completely gone. I am not a fan of "snake-oils" but this stuff definitely works.

Even on the 97 which has 190k miles on the original fuel system the archoil has quieted the injectors.

I am not planning to use archoil at every oil change unless the symptoms come back on the 99.

On my next fillup I will be adding the archoil fuel treatment as well.

For anyone considering archoil I would strongly give it a try.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am wanting to try Rev-X in this oil change..... I am getting just a bit of cold stiction (doesn't do it if it's plugged in) along with my Delo Synthetic..... I will let you know what i see on that one too.......

One thing I like is it is only 8 ounces vs a half gallon like Hot-Shot..... plus I had 2 good recommendations (one being a 6.0 Engineer) for the Rev-X and Synthetic......

Another side note.... I noticed my local AutoZone now carries Stanadyne Performance Formula on the shelf............ if you are in a pinch, that may be an option to get some......

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Your 6.0 will love the rev-x. Some people swear by it with every oci.
I haven't tried the archoil or rev-x yet, but I do like the HSS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online