Chasing the prime!

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole food and beverage and good for ice makers makes me doubt it. I found this. I have used this on Harley's, quads,snowmobiles,garden equipment, it doesnt even need clamps if used on the proper size barbs on gravity flow. You sometimes have to cut it off. It's great to start siphon's with too. You can see fuel coming and start it first time every time without a mouthful.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23487&catid=864

Same stuff I mentioned early on in this thread. Been running fine for months now on diesel and WMO. There was another member using Tygon and said it looked like a science experiment. LOL

Last edited:

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mad, thanks for chiming in. I disconnected the cold advance while it was running to see if it would change time, nothing. Somehow when I accelerate the timing go way advanced...I think. :) I called O'Reilly's and they said they would give me another IP even though I was out of warranty! They even said they would give me a full refund (not prorated) if I wanted that instead. Their service was so good I went with another IP from them instead of the cash. Really frustrating though, because I had just started enjoying the fast cold starts. ;)

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BD, do you run WMO in both tanks? I reserve one tank for D2 and every few tanks of WMO I will switch and run diesel through everything. The reason I ask is I was wondering if the clear line clears up with use of diesel?

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BD, do you run WMO in both tanks? I reserve one tank for D2 and every few tanks of WMO I will switch and run diesel through everything. The reason I ask is I was wondering if the clear line clears up with use of diesel?

In the summer, yes. For winter I start on D2 in the rear tank and switch to WMO in the front. I usually switch back to D2 a couple miles/minutes out from my destination. A tad bit of WMO is always in the lines. I'll have to take a peek at it if I ever run around on straight D2. The tiniest bit of WMO will heavily discolor diesel anyway, so not sure how long it would take to fully "flush" it out.

Air, however, is still visible with WMO... Shine a flashlight through it.

Last edited:

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I changed the IP today and no change. :( The engine is rattling loudly at idle and then when you accelerate it smooths out until about 2200 and then rattles loudly again? I am wondering if I have a broken rocker or something.

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broken crank? It seems like just a little pressure (gas pedal) smooths it out, but if you let off the pedal or get the rpms up it rattles bad?

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A crapped out 4 year old reman injector may be causing issues, especially with a fresh IP

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idle is adjustable on the IP via set screws on the throttle linkage. I wouldn't expect a fresh pump to be at the exact same spot as the old one for a good idle.

The "miss" or rattle was present with the old and new IP, so I'd strongly suspect the injectors (if all else mechanical is good).

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, been gone for a while but doing some research. I had to go to PA. for a funeral and the truck had to sit. So no change with the IP but...I found this and this is exactly what mine is doing http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?51526-Flexplate-carnage so I am going to pull the tranny when the weather breaks. I sold the old 6.9 with the thick flex/flywheel so i will be looking for one. This engine came out of a 93 van so it has the stamped steel flex plate. Gary which one do you recommend that I put back on? If that is the problem...which i really believe it is.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can see all the way up to the crank easily on the 7.3/E4OD with the inspection cover off. A strong flashlight and a good mirror will do well for an initial eval. Might as well check for loose convertor nuts while you're in there.

Any chance you could post a video of the sound, or help isolate it to a certain part of the engine? I had a funky rattle in the cowl panel area from the aircleaner transferring vibes through the A/C line bracket. It would smooth out with RPMs as well.

Last edited:

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BD, if you look back at my post -I just looked to see ;) -I thought it was coming from the torque converter when it first started making the noise. But it sounds so loud in the cab I thought the engine was advancing? I am going to pull the TC back and look up in there in about an hour and report back. :)

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I decided that the only way to settle this was to remove the tranny and find out. Not a bad job, just a little frustrating by myself (come out from under truck for everything) but still only took an hour and a half. drum roll please...
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online