do you have a crew cab with waisted window seals?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got these strips in, and as posted, they are not the complete set.
they are just the outter seals.
waste of 400 bucks...
DO NOT BUY THESE!!
I APOLOGIZE FOR THE MISINFORMATION.
THESE WILL BE RETURNED.
I'm sorry it wasn't a complete set, but please forgive my confusion...are you returning every single one you bought, or are you only returning the ones that you had planned to use for the inner seals? If you're returning all of them, does that mean they aren't correct for the outer seals either?

If you do find the correct inner seals, please update...thank you ;Sweet

I'm sorry for all the frustration...that's really no fun at all :(

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if i could save just one of you from the mess i just endured, itll be worth it.

they are the correct seals.
i bought 2 of the left, and 2 for the right.
the inside seals look exactly the same, from the ones i pulled off.
so with 400 bucks, i could do all 4 outsides, or i can do 2 complete doors.
thats some serious coin for seals.
as of this morning, im kind of torn.
i got my RMA number from FPG, but hell, having new seals would be really nice.
its just sad that if i were to buy new seals for all 6 doors, i will have more cash into just fricken seals, than my 94 7.3 w/ OEM 093.....

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Without seals you'll have to coat those doors pretty good inside to keep them from rusting from rusting. You can do without inner seals, but outer is necessary.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the inside and outside seals are different. I tried using inside seals on the outside of my 89 rear doors. They don't fit well at all. Way to tight to the window and the clips are in the wrong spots. I ended up ordering the outside seals like you got. I'm only two doors so it was like $170 bucks. Now for inside the rear doors I keep finding nice once in the junk yards. But every outside trim was missing or rotted.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the inside seals available new anywhere? One problem with California is that any junkyard truck's rubber bits have been baked by the sun so long that they're pretty brittle...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the inside seals available new anywhere? One problem with California is that any junkyard truck's rubber bits have been baked by the sun so long that they're pretty brittle...

i guess were screwed. if these dont fit on the inside as dunk said, we may as well trade rust free steel for good seals to the rust belt folk..lol

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no sure about the inside seals being new anywhere.

On the pre-87 trucks the rear doors have a "vent" window. so you might be able to use front door stuff in them. On the 87 up back doors the trims need to turn up on both ends thus front door stuff don't work.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

On the pre-87 trucks the rear doors have a "vent" window. so you might be able to use front door stuff in them. On the 87 up back doors the trims need to turn up on both ends thus front door stuff don't work.

it really makes me want to purchase 86 rear CC doors!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One option...if the curve at the back of the window is the same as on the back of the front window, and if the curves on the front and back of the rear window are the same (hopefully that made sense LOL ), you could take two front seals, cut the curve off one seal, and graft it onto the other seal. Not as clean as having the correct part, but if it isn't available new and there's no other alternative, that MIGHT work.

Again, I'm only guessing...I've never taken a close look at the seal...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stupid stupid engineers with high dollar edumakations......
and these are the people that get the ********* high dollar jobs!
one of us, we would have designed the damned things to fit one way or another.
LEFT = inner seal
RIGHT = outter seal
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86