So what did you do with your truck today?

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i pulled the cap off mine the other week and its back to daily driver status for me... thats not going to be for long...the college campus i work at...the parking lot is not big truck friendly haha

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Changed my coolant filter today. Been on there about a year since last winter and was first filter on the truck. 97k miles on engine if PO can be believed. Sludge scrapings on the screwdriver is from rubbing it along one side of one pleat. Totally coated in crud, curious how the next filter comes out.

You must be registered for see images attach

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Went for a 2 hour drive in the country with the wife. Truck hadn't been started in about 2 months. Temp was about 6C here. Glowed the plugs for about 12 seconds, and it fired right up! Loving the Duralift fuel pump upgrade. :) It starts way easier than the Powerstroke truck.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Also attempted body mount replacement. Removed pass side bolts and tried threading from bottom and punch/hammer. Maybe budged one a little but no love. Have some 3" exhaust pipe but not suitable bolts or all thread. Have to order some strong 7/16" all thread online to use for a puller. No love on 3"+ dia washers so have to get creative.

Also suspecting the rear crossmember is rusted out around part of the holes for the body mount bolts, from what I can see. Had to replace the front brackets for rad support. Gonna be a PITA to get that crossmember cleaned and patched up since I can't remove the cab. Sometimes I feel like all I do is try to keep up with maintenance, spending most of my time keeping rust at bay.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
All I did was get pulled over.why I dunno he just hollerd from his car and said your good and did they warn you earlyier im like *** and he's like just go.didnt even get outta his car lol then went and checked out my ex girlfriends wreck.
looks like her new boyfriend better stick to his car and stay away from a damn truck
You must be registered for see images
that's the back axle

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I tell Ya what that truck had some good memories in it.wish mine was an extended cab [emoji23] but hey that sumbitch did some nice doughnuts

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
All memories are good if they involve a girl and a back seat :sly

But that's probably not what you meant. :D

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 days ago with chip truck .........chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp........hmmm.ok that's new.what now?
that can't be brake pads needed already can it? that doesn't sound quite right anyway.
an hour or so latter,i go to back up and i get the infamous "clunk".....oh, i say! ok.that's what that noise was then.iv got a failing u-joint.
so i check it out and can't really tell.....but i know better lol.so today i pull the shaft and sure enough it was the front of the rear shaft's u-joint,1 cap falls off with no needle bearings left in sight.so i run to town and toss in a moog #357 just a couple mins ago and all is good.was running autozones duralast golds with decent results.twice in a row and each lasted 3 years........that's pretty darn good for a commercially used heavy hauling stake body dump with a shift kit in the trans and an occasional 8' fisher hanging off the front.they didn't have any in stock so i just ran over to car quest.i keep track of them all in my records so we'll see if the moog lasts longer.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck.......

oh i almost forgot.day before yesterday i got a scare.was headed in to work when i noticed all the sudden my trans temp gauge was pegged past 250F !!!!!!!!! woah! no way man! what's going on! i pull over as soon as possible to inspect the fluid,and it's not foaming nor discolored,nor do i smell a hot trans.i lay down and feel the pan......ah phew.just a false alarm.she's nice and warm but cooler than the 200F engine is,so i know i just either lost a ground (electrical gauge) or the sender unit is went bad.without a ground i believe an electrical gauge pegs high doesn't it? anyway so i knew my trans wasn't burning up.i shot the pan with my point and shoot thermometer too just for peace of mind,and just 165.so likely 175-180F like she always is inside.
good little scare there though.latter on in the day the gauge went back to normal.so i suspect a loose ground.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This came out of my truck today:

Now I'm waiting for my new radiator to arrive, hopefully it'll be this week.

I can't believe how easy it was to remove. 4 shroud bolts, 4 radiator bolts, 3 hoses, DONE. I had a harder time finding a place that would dispose of my antifreeze than I did removing the radiator, and I have zero hands-on experience with this stuff. I barely even got wet, just enough to make me smell pretty :D

The one part I'm having trouble with is getting the upper hose off the thermostat housing. I can't get it to move an inch. I'm thinking I might just bring the violence with a box cutter, anyone have a better idea? Ideally I'd like to keep it as a spare, but I'm not attached to it, and I might have already tweaked it from pulling and twisting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online