2015 IDI weekend

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be editing this post with more details.

The next annual IDI Weekend will be held in Woodstock New Hampshire, June 28 to July 5th 2015. I plan to arrive at the campground on June 26.

It will be held at the Woodstock KOA, 1000 East Side Road, Woodstock, NH. 03292

Reservations for the campground can be made at 800-562-9736, or see the web site at http://koa.com/campgrounds/woodstock

Events and activities will be forthcoming, but as always, make your reservations early to avoid disappointment. This will be the first IDI Weekend in New England, and I hope to see all the past attendees. I know it is a long drive, but it will be worth it. Imagine your truck on top of Mt. Washington at 6288 feet! That will be some group picture! Check this thread for more details as things progress.

Here are a few of the events i have planed so far. Cross roads of america museum, Clarks trading post, Mount Washington auto road, hobo railroad, Woodstock brewery tour, there are also a lot of rivers to spend a few hours in on some of the hot days. Any feed back on these events would be great.

Its just a thought, but there is a small circle track close to the campground if anyone wound want to run there truck around a few times, if they will let us.

I just talked to the owners of the KOA campground, and at the moment they have 6 cabins and 15 camper cites. She said the cites fill up fast so call and make your reservation as soon as possible. When you call please mention that your part of the IDI truck club. You can also make reservations on there website.

Here are some 2015 rates. All rates are based on two people, kids under 5 are free, 15 and over is $10, 5 to 15 is $5
Basic camper - $44-46 per night
Full camper - $56-59 per night
Deluxe camper - $61-66 per night
Basic cabin - $70-72 per night
Deluxe cabin - $126-136 per night
Basic tent - $33-35 per night
Full tent - $44-43 per night

I have made some new categories for the types of truck that could get an award for the 2015 rally and so far i have 15 picked out.

I found a Dyno shop called, Brand x Performance Mobile Chassis Dyno. I was able to talk to the owner and he will drive to the Woodstock area, but he is 1 hour and 32 minutes away and he charges $80 per truck for 3 pulls. He also needs a minimum of 20 trucks to make the trip worth it, or he will need to charge more per truck.

The Woodstock fire department will be joining us as judges for the show n shine, they will also be bringing some old fire trucks to show as well.

Here is what i have for a schedule. I plan to arrive at the camp ground on June 27,
June 28 is the first official day of IDI week and there are no events planed,
June 29 no events planed,
June 30 Crossroads of America Museum,
July 1 Clarks Trading Post or Hobo Railroad,
July 2 A trip to Mt Washington Auto Road,
July 3 Truck Dyno day,
July 4 Show and Shine, Rally dinner,
July 5 last day of IDI week no events planed.

This is something i found on the hobo railroad website.
4th of July Family Party Train Friday evening, July 4, 2014 - 7:00pm Join us aboard the Hobo Railroad's annual 4th of July Family Party Train! We'll decorate the train in patriotic style and you'll enjoy hot dogs, chips, an ice cream treat and a cold Pepsi-branded beverage along with a party favor aboard the train. Family entertainment aboard the train will be provided by Hobo Buddy the Clown. This one hour and twenty minute excursion will take you along the banks of the Pemigewassett River through a natural, woodsy setting and then return to Hobo Junction in time for you to enjoy the popular Lincoln-Woodstock 4th of July Fireworks Display which kicks off at 9:30pm! By the way, the best place in town to watch the fireworks is from the Hobo Railroad's parking lot. So all you'll need to do is pull out your lawn chairs and relax for a great evening of family fun! Train Fare: $20 for ages 3 and up; ages 2 and under free. Advance tickets for the 4th of July Family Party Train are strongly recommended.

Here is a view of the campground, it is a pretty big area but as you can see most of the open area is trees, so i'm not sure if the show n shine will be in the camp area or elsewhere.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to taking the Moose Truck into New England. A part of the country that I have only recently been exposed to, and whos beauty I have ignored for too long. Elijah, I hope you are considering the Hobo Railroad (http://www.hoborr.com/) as one or more of the activities!

My apologies to those who posted in the thread that Corey had started. Elijah wanted a clean start on this thread, so here we have it.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we could do those trailer races haha. Can't wait. I'm a Massachusetts girl so it will be great to be "home"!

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to taking the Moose Truck into New England. A part of the country that I have only recently been exposed to, and whos beauty I have ignored for too long. Elijah, I hope you are considering the Hobo Railroad (http://www.hoborr.com/) as one or more of the activities!

My apologies to those who posted in the thread that Corey had started. Elijah wanted a clean start on this thread, so here we have it.

I knew you would scope out the Plymouth & Lincoln. (Hobo Railroad):D
Don't forget to check out Clark's ******. This should keep your railfan side happy. If you get a chance, talk to the Clark's Trading Post people. You might get to check out the Shay and other oddities there.:thumbsup:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You going to join us Trackspeeder? This is your chance New England guys! You've been watching these rallies move around the country for years, and this time its in your back yard. It may be a while until it happens again, so don't pass it up!

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You going to join us Trackspeeder? This is your chance New England guys! You've been watching these rallies move around the country for years, and this time its in your back yard. It may be a while until it happens again, so don't pass it up!

There is a really good chance I will show up for a day or two. I don't have a my ATV trip to West Virginia next year. This prevented me from going to the last two rallies. Very limited vacation time.
Besides I need my Woodstock Station burger fix and breakfast at Sunnydays Diner. I can't forget the noon candy stop in Woodstock.

Hauling the track speeder up there for over 16 years, you learn where to find good food.:Thumbs Up

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Would love to see that truck of yours!

daveffemt130

Reaction score
I may try as well, im still kinda new to this forum but a regular on fte, i got some R&D parts in/on my engine, will there be a dyno there

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to have a dyno day but the only dyno shop i can find so far is well over an hour away. There is a circle track very close to the camp ground and i will check to see if they have a dyno machine.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Mel, you must do the cog RR to Mt Washington.
Mt Washington is one of my most favorite places. If you like extremes of weather,you'll like it..seeing the old observation station chained to the mountain begins to explain what high winds the place is exposed to. My previous trips have been clear and sunny at the base, but conditions at the top were like 30 degrees and 80 mph gusts with visibility from 0 to 20 feet. The Appalachian Trail goes over it, and hikers are warned it is the world's most dangerous weather..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the mountain is on the list Mike! Why not join us?

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my trucks coming together but nervous never drove it that far
heres the list
convince wife
move axle back
new drive shaft
p/s pump lines
do 110 inspection
check clutch
exhaust
mount welder

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Too much life going on..
This is the year that we plan to....
Sell MIL's town house in Bel Air, Md
Buy a RANCHER house and move to PA. York, Carlisle, Gettysburg area. Said house to have existing minimum 24x40 foot detached garage. Add lift and other stuff. Or build similar on the property
Sell our Bel Air house.
Retire from full time work, and begin next career.
Continue to take care of MIL.
It's a pretty full year.

Last edited:

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it helps anyone who has a further drive. While i was still working on my IDI i discovered the IDI truck week through some youtube videos, and found out that the 2012 rally was in Michigan. I live in Rhode Island so it was about 800 miles away, and that was the first place i drove the truck and had no problems. I think it was glad to see Mell to get a proper timing and dyno run.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online