power boost

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
I thought the notch between 0 and 1 was 500 rpm's. So i set it just a little above that not for what i thought was 650. And alsoif it was a valve spring issue wouldent it show up throughout the driving range??

5.0bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could it possibly be a leaky injector cap causing air intrusion. I had that issue on my old f-superduty and I put a new return line kit on it and the problem went away.

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
could it possibly be a leaky injector cap causing air intrusion. I had that issue on my old f-superduty and I put a new return line kit on it and the problem went away.

During the time of this problem i have done three sets of caps and orings so iit is highly unlikley that they are leaking..thanks though ANY suggestion is welcome

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so I think at this point, we are at a juncture where we should be replacing the pump. I'm at a loss as to what may have gone wrong, but I don't want to have you spending tons of time on this problem only to find out it was the pump all along, so I think we should cut our losses and swap it out. Normally, I would say send it back and we would fix it under warranty. Swapping pumps is not how we normally respond to a warranty issue. But honestly, this is one of those weird problems that may be very hard to detect on a test bench. Give me a call and we will work it out. 717-806-5561

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
first off thanks mel. i will try and contact you tomorow on my lunch

secong... could this problem be related to that damn E4OD i have behind my 7.3...lol

today i noticed a few times while driving the od light would start blinking and then at the next stop sign it would go off and be fine for awhile.

all of a sudden on the way home she cut out. it was like i was in neutral. wouldent grab then all of a sudden it did. but my shift points where messed up it would jump to a high start at a low rpm then shift to a high rpm then quikly down to a low rpm.

so i stoped home and was gonna take it down the service road with my dad and what do ya know...worked like a dream
(i see a ZF5 in my near fueter haha) anyone have any ideeas?

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
I thought you said it did it while idling?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

that it does. but i needed to drive it to day and i just noticed all this goiong down the road. and seeing as i am no expert at transmissions i figured i ask around! thanks

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
so today i am pulling the pump

1st surprise.. i started the truck and it imidiatley jumped to 1500 rpms for a bout 30 seconds till i got my bearings and shut the key off. tried it again and ran fine..

now i am at the point of pulling it out and the it seems to want to pull the gear with the dowel in it(the one with the black 5/16 bolts) out. and when i look at the base of the pump there is a shaft sticking out of the end that it is hanging up on. i do not wana pull it to hard and break anything. what is this and could this be related to my problem?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starting a cold engine, the HI idle solenoid energizes until the pass head reaches 120*F, then de-energizes, depending on how far the plunger that pushes the throttle tab is how fast the idle speed is.

Pulling the IP, remove the three 5/16" screws that hold the IP to the gear, then the IP should pull out of the gear tower, DO NOT REMOVE THE BOLTS THAT HOLD THE GEAR TOWER TO THE ENGINE. The IP has an O'ring around the flange, that makes it hard to remove sometimes. If you have a rubber hammer, tap the IP with that to start it out.
Don't know what your referring to by a shaft sticking out the bottom of the IP. The dowel pin is just a driver attached to the gear and goes in a slot on the IP.
Looking at the IP pic , where is the shaft sticking out?

Attachments

• DVC01378.JPG
    DVC01378.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IP IDLE SCREW.jpg
    IP IDLE SCREW.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
pump shaft snap ring

"Starting a cold engine, the HI idle solenoid energizes until the pass head reaches 120*F, then de-energizes, depending on how far the plunger that pushes the throttle tab is how fast the idle speed is.'

well my cold idel doesnt touvh the throtel due to it being bend away. but dang that was scary

and well by shaft i meant the shaft in the pump. i had to remove lines to get it out safley but yeajh. looks like mybe the snap rings were assembled backwords or they just slipped out. cuase the shaft was completley loose in there:eek:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
Oh, chit. The shaft broke?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

no shaft is fine it just appears that snap rings used to hold it in place malfuctioned and let it loose only allowing the 3 bolts to hold it in. yes tht was deffinatly my problem.. at least a problem:***:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx