calling all oBS'ers

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have a OBS panel on a brick?

OBS door (metal part) and wing window from a 92 on a 91 truck, with the 91 panel. Previous owner did it, and I got the 92 parts truck with the 91.

You can expand your search to 92-97. I know of no differences to interior door panels on OBS trucks.
Btw, IMO, the OBS is the best looking truck Ford ever made. I love the mid - late 70s models as a close second.

There is a difference between XL and XLT (or SC vs CC). I put up photos of the difference earlier in this thread

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guess this is more of a powerstroke question, but you guys will forgive me....
right?

from 95-97, are all crew cabs F350?
when did they start making crew cabs in the F250 form?

just this once.:D

i think it was '96.in '96 and '97HD they offered the f250 crew cabs.they were all short beds though and they came with just the 460 or diesel.
ford didn't really offer the best combo's until '99.......but they killed the styling.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.....but they killed the styling.

i agree with you, i do love the OBS style, i want one pretty bad. but id have to get rid of some vehicles first.

i do want the OBS interior. and im pretty set on having it.
only one thing is putting the cramp on it..
i do not want to F with installing new wing windows. i did that on my 87, and i didnt get it exactly quite right.

as previously stated, my passenger door is jacked beyond my will to stud gun it and bondo it.

i just may buy a complete set of doors.
i juust hope that the door panel to dash transition does not hit.

the search continues.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the answer to your question as well. I have an 87 with original "brick" dash and I bought a set of 96 doors (with 96 door panels & power window
switches), haven't installed these yet and I'm aware the door panels will not exactly align with the brick dash however will it fit??? Someone mentioned
the OBS door panels will hit the brick dash??? Hope this isn't the case as I to want the OBS door panels yet prefer the brick dash.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the answer to your question as well. I have an 87 with original "brick" dash and I bought a set of 96 doors (with 96 door panels & power window
switches), haven't installed these yet and I'm aware the door panels will not exactly align with the brick dash however will it fit??? Someone mentioned
the OBS door panels will hit the brick dash??? Hope this isn't the case as I to want the OBS door panels yet prefer the brick dash.

seems like youre the best source to answer this question!
slap that badboy on and take some pictures!!!
nevermind the wing window you will need for a complete instal

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have complete OBS doors with windows and door panels. Have not tried installation yet. Currently I have everything from the cab back removed down to bare
frame rails and parts laying everywhere. Figured I'd finish this end first before any more disassembly. It sure would be nice if someone could chime-in that has
already done this.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leeland, used 96 door panels in his 93.
this does not help us.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if I slap an OBS panel on the door of a truck with a brick dash, you'd be happy?

Here... 92 OBS panel on 91 brick door & dash. Definitely hits the dash. Door was about 4" open.
You must be registered for see images attach

Brick on left, OBS on right
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arggg... Go look at your door panel thread
quite happy! thank you....
now i know to get them as cheap as i can because they will have to be modified.

or leave it the hell alone and deal with it.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OBS half ones (like my 94 CC XL pictured above) ought to fit just fine above the brick panels. The brick panels were 2 piece. So any (full or half) OBS panel would be a good start.

FWIW you'd have to knock off about 1.4" from the OBS panel. The brick wiring is too short to get up to the OBS switch area.

Last edited:

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that stinks! Surely there's a way to modify the OBS door panel to allow fitment with brick dash??? Should only require modifying the top corner.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that stinks! Surely there's a way to modify the OBS door panel to allow fitment with brick dash??? Should only require modifying the top corner.

The part that meets the dash is still way too thick. A lot would need to be cut to get the door to close.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just mod an OBS 4 switch panel into your center console and be done with it LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online