New-ish from Tx

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
Hey yall my name is Tom from granbury Tx, just picked up a 93 factory turbo ex-cab 5-SPD 7.3 not new to diesels or IDI's (I'll post my old ones then the new truck last)
You must be registered for see images attach
first up is my 85 with an ATS kit (this truck got EGT-syndrome...oops)
second is my old white 89 7.3 with a banks and a 5-spd (Bessie) and finally the newbie

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum where any problem can be fixed easily.
Thanks! I'm going to need help on this one. As of right now it needs a starter solonoid and the dreaded core plugs as well as the air being bled out of the lines...BUT I'm very excited to be back in the diesel game (but my wife isnt lol)

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where in Tx are you, and whucha got? I saw a post saying you picked up a couple parts trucks and was curious to see what you had left? Got pics?

Abilene/Dyess/Tuscola area. 4x trucks in signature (won't show up on mobile devices) and no good pics on hand. Haven't dug through parts, except a door panel to help out IDIoit. Darn air show has me busy

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
Abilene/Dyess/Tuscola area. Trucks in signature (won't how up on mobile devices) and no pics on hand. Haven't dug through parts, except a door panel to help out IDIoit. Darn air show has me busy
Ahh. I would like to pick up a running long-block to rebuild, as well as a bench with a flip down console (95-96?)

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have neither. One truck has a light knock and a chuffing valve, so the parts truck motor is headed in there when it lets go. I had another engine I paid $100 for but it's entire rotating assembly and block were trashed.

My 91 has a console bench... Wonder if it's an oddball...

There is a guy in Abilene with a craigslist ad, 2x parts trucks. I didn't ask about the engines. Plenty of goodies can be had around central TX

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have neither. One truck has a light knock and a chuffing valve, so the parts truck motor is headed in there when it lets go. I had another engine I paid $100 for but it's entire rotating assembly and block were trashed.

My 91 has a console bench... Wonder if it's an oddball...

There is a guy in Abilene with a craigslist ad, 2x parts trucks. I didn't ask about the engines. Plenty of goodies can be had around central TX
Bummer. I'll keep scouring Craigslist. ATM my truck is no start so that's first and foremost. But hey, I got it in a straight trade for a Springfield XD40 so I'm OK with spending a little to make her right

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86