Project Big Red

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Glad you got away at least for a little bit. Looks like we both got some crazy weather camping lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overhead console order got cancelled. Out of stock and backordered. So I picked one up from Sunrise Ford. Note to self, they do free shipping on most things if you aren't in a hurry. :D I think I bought my rear diff cover from them.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a pile of AN/JIC fittings and some fuel line. I'm down to a few odds and ends for a motor install. Need to measure for the oil feed line. Not sure how long it needs to be.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw, i checked that meter today.
and it was within a 1/10th of a degree of my other 2, but i didnt use the probe or the clamp, but the unit works!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal. Don't suppose you found a pair of good clean mirrors to toss in the box with it? ;poke

Anyway, after a 52 hour work week this week (no need to check your calendar....yes it's Tuesday) I'm spent. Needed to unwind before bed so o went and pulled the oil cooler apart. That was tougher than I thought.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also found these in the cooler.

Appears to be metal. Always a good sign right. Other than a couple chunks of this crap, tubes look good. Orings were shot. Hard cracked. Made it tough to get apart.

Haven't heard from promar on ship date so I'll poke tomorrow. I don't know how fast I'll get up to speed but I've got a few days off now so among recooperating and mowing grass, hopefully I'll make progress.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a few clean set of mirrors.
do you tow much?
the last order you placed with me, you overpaid big time, so these are on the house.
the meter however, i may get off my gludious maximus and check the probe and clamp.
maybe someone at the GTG this weekend will need a time.

im shootin to get my engine installed while i have a few knowledgeable ppl around
albeit they dont know yet LOL

guess i better give em a heads up

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on towing with this truck but I think I want just regular brace style mirrors. I'm actually a guy that likes the originals. Lemme know what ya got.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um kay....not so much digging the asthetics of the tow mirror but I like the other one. [emoji3]

Got a little done today.

Pulled the oil pump and suction tube off. They are cleaned up and seem to be ready to go. I got a bunch of fittings in. Some to finish this off.

That will cover the water to the turbo and the coolant filter. It's got an extra port to plug or add a coolant temp probe. I can either plumb the coolant filter all out of one side or opposite sides like I've got it now. I'll figure that out when I get it mounted. Might need to shuffle stuff around.

Got a couple options for pump inlet.

Have a 90 too but it will probably be the 45 or the straight.

Pulled the motor mounts off. Scraped sealant off the pan. I've got a pile of stuff to pressure wash tomorrow.

Oh and did I mention Engine shipped today. [emoji6]

I'll probably not get it before Tuesday which is fine. I think I'll take next week off to work on it and a couple other things.

I've got a ton of things to clean up and get ready yet.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to hear the Engine Shipped! It will feel great to have that baby swung in there.

That coolant block for the filter and turbo looks super cool also. ;Sweet;Sweet

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. There's an outside chance I could have a running truck again here shortly. [emoji15]

I think I've got it completely torn down now. I did remember I'm missing an IP gear bolt. Anybody got the stats on them?

So I could free up the engine stand I dropped the long block onto a furniture dolly. Works great.

All the assorted bits like cam parts, pushrods and lifters are bagged and laying in the valley to go back.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Gary says they're the same as the driveshaft u joint retainer bolts.
I seem to have a mix match. 8 mm 12 point. And 7/16 6 point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary says they're the same as the driveshaft u joint retainer bolts.
I seem to have a mix match. 8 mm 12 point. And 7/16 6 point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mine are from a GM u joint strap bolt kit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online