Water ****!!!!!!

middaymidnight

Reaction score
Howdy, I was reading thru the tech articles and was intrigued by the "splash!" Water/**** system and had a few questions.
-I was thinking, instead of having a boost actuated controller, I am thinking about simply putting the pump on a toggle switch, the thought being that I know my truck very well, and I know when the egts are going to be of concern, along with ease of installation. Would there be any negative aspects of doing it this way?
-how many gph should my nozzles be, from everything I have read, I can go larger than ten but 20 will be too much, does somebody make a 15?

Thanks!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I replied on psa, but you'll get better answers here.
This is the go to ford idi forum. Lol
What are your goals with it?
If just egts are the problem, a intercooler would suite you better.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

middaymidnight

Reaction score
Egts are only a problem while towing HEAVY. I pulled 8, 1 ton loaf bales on a 4 k trailer for a total gvw of just over 26k. That was interesting lol, I don't usually go that heavy but I do tow frequently. I'm in a fairly hilly part of oregon and could use just a little "help" on hills sometimes. Not expecting huge gains, but I honestly expect that I could piece together a decent setup for around $150 and have fun expirementing with it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
With something that could hydrolock your engine, i wouldn't cheap out trying to build a kit.
To know what nozzles you need, really just have to get some and play with it.
Are you running gauges?
What about your fuel system?
Timing?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

middaymidnight

Reaction score
I don't plan on cheaping out on it , but other than the nozzles and the pump, there's not too much expense and seems like a straight forward process. I'm running gauges, I have a maxed out turbo cal pump and my timing is advanced 6 degrees

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Before you do water/****, I would strongly recommend that you read some of the posts by Travis (argve) on here. He did water/**** in the Original Enterprise, and it worked well, for about a day. You have to be really careful with water/**** and with it, if more is good... even more is better.... that is not the case. Travis had the water/**** injection on a fairly hot IDI, and was playing with it at a rally. He went through something like 15 gallons of washer fluid that day. The truck almost didn't make it home. He was injecting so much that it was hydrolocking the engine on every power stroke and cracked all 8 pistons and started to shove the wrist pins toward the piston crown. I know this is an extreme case, but it is a fair warning, that water/**** can go horribly wrong.....

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
I run it, but it only turns on when theres sufficent boost. 10psi. And its injects certain phases not just full out. And it works amazing goes from 1200egt to about 750ish

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would run the system on a master toggle switch, but have a pressure switch for automated operation when you have it turned on. This way you can leave it off when running light, but let it do it's thing automatically when you arm it.
Travis..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac