Introducing TOTAL MOOSEPOWER!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of the heads on my core motor were shot. Cracks in the intake seats that went all the way through. Thank you waste motor oil. Anyway, I have another set of heads coming to me, and I'm hoping these are good. Needless to say, this slowed things down a bit, but the project is still moving forward.

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.. subscribing here! (and also checking in on progress.... and also curious on pricing... [I have a POS 7.3PSD that may turn into a boat anchor at current rates])

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just want to say a big thank you putting all this time and effort into this awesome idea! I agree that this may not be for everyone, and it is a niche market but hey having the option is just amazing. I think that this site is proof that many people would rather work on their idi than pay someone to work on their 70k powerstroke. I am excited to hear more about how this all comes out. I understand that you must pay for quality but hey what else can you do if you don't wanna be like every other 17 year old kid who daddy bought him a cummins with tow mirrors!
I love my idi and I will always have it around or a at least a few idi's. I understand also having to make a reliable idi, and I that is another reason I love my idi, it is so reliable it isn't funny; heck even when they are broken they will still run.
I think that you deserve to charge what you deem fair and necessary. You have inheirent costs into building a drop in ready engine, especially a performance modded idi. You do awesome work and your reputation preceeds you. keep up the good work. I hope that it goes well and you sell enough to make it worth your while. Thanks so much for your tireless work!

tnthielen

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I just received a wonderful early Christmas present on Friday!

You must be registered for see images attach
"]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/URL]

That's right, it appears to be a new Moose Engine! I have had the distinct pleasure of working with Mel and Suzi over at Conestoga Diesel and they definitely live up to and beyond the reputation they have on this forum! Truly great people! :D

Here is the build itemization: :sly

Moose Mover 300 7.0L engine

- Bull Moose Injection pump
- Moose Mister Mark II injectors
- Typ4 Cam
- Hypermax Turbocharger A/R 1.14
- New Piston wrist pins
- Cast Pistons
- Cam bearings
- Dowel Pins
- Piston rings
- Main journal bearings
- Oil Pump
- New Cylinder Heads (old ones were cracked)
- Lifters
- Valve Keepers
- Block Heater
- Water Pump
- Grommets
- Seals
- 190 degree thermostat
- Oil Pan
- Head Studs
- Glow Plugs
- Oil Filter
- Crank and Connecting rods polished
- Cylinders honed to 7.0L and oversize pistons installed

Hopefully, this will be going into my truck after the first of the year. I have a Hypermax Intercooler and Exhaust kits coming from Mel and I'm finishing up the install of a Banks Straight-Shot water methanol injection system to produce a little more power and to help keep the EGTs low.

The engine dyno'd at 287 horsepower and 563 foot pounds. Quite a step up from the original 180/365... According to Hypermax's website, the Intercooler will give me "up to" 30% more... but we'll just see where that comes out. I'm mainly concerned about keeping the charge temps down. Banks told me that they are seeing gains on the straight shot of about 90 hp/tq... So again, we'll see how that goes... :dunno

I have not started a build thread as of yet, just been too darn busy working on the truck, my day job, and being Dad, too! Anyway, short version is my '89 Supercab (my sig) will be getting this new powerplant, along with a ZF-5, SouthBend clutch rated at 400hp/800tq, 3.55 gears, and a 4x4 conversion. Hope to have it all on the road by mid-late Feb...

Anyway, I know quite a few folks were subscribing to this thread, so I told Mel I would let you all know how things are going, and to send more business their way! :)

-Todd

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online