Fuel filter head

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The SD pump has a great filter and it sends any air back to the tank, just would need a good bypass reg for use on an IDI, my friend that works at ford and I were just talking about this.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have a drawing, you doing e-fuel on a idi or stroke? Have a pretty decent write up for the stroke. Idi I already know what I need to do plumbing wise.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I had a little diagram, but I guess it was on my other phone.
I think I'm gonna use the markfuga kit with the sd pump.
I think Russ is thinking of the 6.0 style pump with the filter/pump combo.
7.3 has just pump on the frame, and filter in the valley. Dead head system, no return.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Factory heater doesn't seem to do anything anyways.
But on the psd, it'll short out and blow the PCM maxi fuse. Lol
Damn engineers.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

ours are just as bad for E40D trans owners.if it trips,it takes out the power to the trans controller.
if an E40D owner wants to keep it and or run a wrap/blanket style,then he should run a devoted fused relay for it imo.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The 6.9 fuel heater is in line from the lift pump to the head, not in the head itself.

this is true. Look at the lift pump to filter head line. See the larger piece of line. Thats the 6.9 fuel heaters. Many of them do not work. This forum still has not figured out why any 6.9 or 7.3 needs a fuel heater. Those that have removed theirs are not having any issues with froze up filters or fuel lines. Those in the cold slat belt areas do run a fuel treatment to avoid freeze ups.