Because I don't get enough attention already.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
My brother-in-laws father was part of some state run disaster communications deal. He had a 1995 nissan pathfinder with about 10 radios, 4 antennaes, 4 bull horns and and numerous lights. The motor seized up and it sat for a few years. I offered to scrap it in exchange for some parts off of it. Here is what I was mainly after. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

I was able to get electricity to it to verify all the lights and rotators still work. It has one red lense in it that I will remove as I only need amber and white rotating lights and that will give me two of each. I'm still debating on whether to bolt it to my roof or build a shelf for it on my headache rack. If I do the shelf idea I will have to beef up the feet on the rack as I don't think it will handle the leverage in it's current state.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont bolt it to the roof.
these roofs are flimsy as it is.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree, don't ruin your cab for lights. Mount it to your headache rack. We have lots of stuff at work with lights on the roof, and believe me, there ain't no going back. [:)]
Travis..

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I will try to get it on the headache rack first, I will have to add some metal to the base to make it sturdier as well. I'm not a huge fan of drilling holes in my truck. I have been able to avoid drilling holes in the cab so far.

Any chance you have a spare siren floating around from all the gizmos?

I believe there may be one medium sized loudspeaker left on the back, an alarm siren under the hood and a small loudspeaker behind the bumper. He had them all hooked up to some siren/radio device. When I did a google search on it, it was apparently used on cargo ships. My buddy ran off with that thing though. If you are interested in one of the horns though, PM me and I will get you some pics. Don't wait too long though, I will be hauling it off for scrap after the holidays.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all those disco lights, you've pretty much got to install a push to talk loudspeaker so you can reenact the Las Vegas cop car on the sidewalk scene from The Hangover.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
With all those disco lights, you've pretty much got to install a push to talk loudspeaker so you can reenact the Las Vegas cop car on the sidewalk scene from The Hangover.

That's funny, my friend already refers to my truck as a rolling german disco. LOL

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Looks like I may not have to fab anything. I just scored one of these for $60 from CL. I used this brand before on a 1979 F-150 and never had an issue and the PO already had it setup to fit a full size ford truck. The cross bar may be a bit weak if the light is too heavy but I can always get a stronger chunk of steel to put between the feet if I need to.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how much weight do you think those feet could handle?
they mount on the drip rail, right?
i really want a full roof rack on my truck, but i havnt found a clean way to make mounts for it.
my buddy has an air over hydraulic bender with a 1" dye, so this is what the roof rack is gonna be made out of.
id like to beable to put about 1-200 pounds of whatever.
also it would distract my eye from all the body work that will happen soon.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
The description I saw said it is limited to 4lbs, I guess I will need to find a stronger cross bar. The feet are pretty sturdy so I think they will hold up. I am sure my light weighs less than 20lbs so I should be able to make it handle that with ease as the weight will also be spread towards the ends and not in the middle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online

No members online now.