2017 Rally Route / Convoy thread (east coasters)

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, so if you did I-80W and I-71S and I did 70 to 71 to 65 we could potentially meet up around Columbus? Am I seeing that right?

I think your right. I wouldn't be meeting up with yall until the latter part of the trip but its better then nothing.

so rob could you give me a location that would be a good meeting point so I can map that out and see what time I could be there for?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prolly way to early to make specific plans, but for me something like the ******* barrel restaurant here:
4210 Marlane Drive, Grove City, OH 43123
Would be an admirable goal. That would be at about 6.5 hours in for me, good time to stop for a meal.

for me to get to that location is about 11 hours and 750 miles, that's on I-84 and I-80W.

that restaurant is only 4 hours from the campground so not too far. you said its 6.5 hours from your location?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could the convoy meet any closer to the starting point or would it stray all of us off track?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Some of this might shake out to depending on what days people can travel. At my point in life with kids I might be breaking it up into 2 more leisurely days of travel.

Much as I like to drive 6 to 8 hrs straight with no stops a wife and kids does not mix well with long times on the road lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of this might shake out to depending on what days people can travel. At my point in life with kids I might be breaking it up into 2 more leisurely days of travel.

Much as I like to drive 6 to 8 hrs straight with no stops a wife and kids does not mix well with long times on the road lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jared makes a good point, since I am a youngster il do the whole drive in one shot and leave at what ever time I want to. when I went to the 2012 and 2013 rally I left at 2:00 AM so il do that again if I have to.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I to normally drive straight through. The Michigan rally I left my house at 530 pm, arrived at the rally 5 am the next morning. Then proceeded to wake up ron

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Yeah, all good points guys. I just figured it would be good to start kicking the idea around. I'm going to try to to a better job this year being there while the others are there. And I'm sure there will be a few mini convoys going at first the farther away we all are, but combining into larger convoys as we get closer. None of this is critical, but I personally have a lot of fun seeing the trucks in action, and having the chatter going over the radio.

@Dieselcrawler Doesnt matter how you get there man, so long as your trailer borrowing skills are still up to par so you can rescue any of us! LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I actually looked at things a little closer today Rob. For me, going the 70- over to Columbus route is adding like an hour over the 68-79-64 route through WV. You got to cross the mountains somewhere. Once you get to Morgantown, its not too bad. Once you get to about Flatwoods, WV, that route turns down hill as you are dropping into the Kanawah valley. You are basically dropping elevation from the top of the continental divide all the way to that point. Then from Charleston all the way to E-Town, its really pretty flat. The one good thing about going this route is that you don't have any real cities go traverse. No Columbus, no Louisville. Lexington is easy to get around to the BG parkway... you go right by the horse track... whichever the big one is there. Morgantown, Charleston and Huntington are nothing. Traffic wise, there isn't too much on 64 and the BG parkway pretty much goes through the middle of nowhere. Last time I made the trip, they had put a walmart somewhere near the middle of it if memory serves.

Anyway, just food for thought.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Yeah Its about 45 minutes shorter for me that way also Mike. Hey Elijah what does it do to your travel time if you were to try and meet some of us at this walmart?
75 Retail Circle, Morgantown, WV 26508

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I go there its 9 hours and 600 miles. I can go either I-95S or I-84 and I-81S. from their its another 6 hours to the camp ground. a total trip of 15 hours and 1,000 miles so not really a big deal. it matches the total trip of my previous post.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01