Picked up a complete turbo kit for $96 dollars

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clamp the rod across a vise and straighten it slowly, I wouldnt do the exhaust elbow, its not that big of a deal, a larger non crushed downpipe is the biggest gain.

blakpete91

Reaction score
Thanks typ4 I'll try the vise trick. Any idea on where I could get a down pipe that would fit the stock exhaust housing. I'm willing to try anything other than the smashed one I have already.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always have a muffler shop make you a custom fit downpipe. Had to go this route after installing my 088. The previous owner did some custom work to the downpipe and it didn't fit properly on my rig. Sooo, the muffler shop cut the tip off where it slides into turbo manifold and bent a 3 inch piece of pipe to fit my application. Anything will be better than the factory dp.

blakpete91

Reaction score
Rebuild kit came in. I was happy with the kit from GPopShop. Came with detailed instructions an all the pieces were identical to what was on the turbo. Turbo is half way assembled. Just waiting on the compressor wheel to come in this Friaday.

You must be registered for see images attach

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the banks downpipe number for the factory turbo, ill post it when I get home, its a direct bolt on.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, Im going to copy, I mean make my own as I have enough stuff to build some 093 complete kits.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm...got grommets? best save me one Russ ;)

What a fantastic score a complete kit for a bill...nice!

You have a great opp here to get a nice setup going can't wait to hear see results!

blakpete91

Reaction score
Returned to the junkyard yesterday and got lucky again. I'll post pictures in a couple of hours. Wheel was suppose to get here yesterday but weather has delayed it until monday. The waiting game continutes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online