So what did you do with your truck today?

maverick350

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the truck inspected yesterday morning, drove a couple hours down state to pick up a spare 7.3 engine and tranny.
On the drive down I ended up behind some woman totally engrossed in her cell-phone, doing the speed up, slow down, let me check my texts, then speed up routine. I dropped a gear, put the throttle down and passed,.. got in front and then ****. nothing. I hit the switch tanks button, put the throttle to the floor again, and turned on my backup electric pump (I run two series).
The engine came to life before I had to find a shoulder, but I started to wonder if perhaps I was getting enough air in the fuel lines to cause it to starve at high output. Also wondered if maybe I had a gelling issue.
Made it home with no further events though I did drive gently. Hooked up the trailer, and went to pick up the 89 f250 had parked at a friend's house, dumped in some diesel 911 along the way. Slow ride home, 25-30 mph on the back roads. my trailer really wasn't designed for extended cab diesels.
fast forward to tonight, went to start it, nothing. Figured I must be getting a fair charge of air in the system somehow. three wet return line caps,.. replaced those ( man, they're wicked brittle in single digits) went to start,.. nothing. Took a cup and opened the shrader valve... nice stream at first, then just a trickle. Now I'm thinking ice maybe. Pull the filter, dump the contents,.. looks clean.
Now I'm thinking obstruction in the tank, probably ice. both tanks pretty new.
I can see the merit in having a fuel tank you could actually stick rather than this black hole in between the frame rails. :sly

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Another trick to keep them tight that Russ has suggested, is in his kits he sends some "cheap" O-Rings, you put these on the caps, above the cap where the injector threads are. When you screw the hard line nut down, it puts just a bit of pressure on the cap.........

You know I may get me some and try that. I think I got it stopped or atleast slowed way down so it's halfway driveable for now

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Froze to death in negative ten to go to Olive Garden for Valentine's Day with the girlfriend. If there was an award for dirtiest vehicle in my area I would win for sure. She looks too grossed out by it to even get back in it haha. Also took it to pick up some stuff to get the 46 case running.

maverick350

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a racor water separator with alarm off ebay. I'm reinventing the water separator system the truck had on it years ago. cookoo Though looking back, I think my mistake was failing to note the significance of the fuel truck parked at the service station when I topped off on friday. :frustrate

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Drove it around some.still gettin air in so now I'm not happy lol.oh well I'll fixer soon.anyone have trouble gettin the line off the from injector by the fuel filter mine don't wanna come off and neither does the one on the other side it just turns the injector when I try and loosen it.luckily those two don't leak lol it's the the other ones. Also just a random question I plan on buildin a 7.3 this summer when I start loggin and I was wanton to run the super moose pump.think a hypermax would clean it up with an intercooler or do I need to invest in moose boost or like an r&d turbo set up.just wondering thanks yall

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Removed Xtras from box washed box at car wash.....Brians sis is dying of cancer and we are going to transport medical bed tomorrow so figured best have clean box....she is at home and wants to pass there we respect and support it so we are doing heavy lifting....all good guys we know what we in for

Brians not upset....cancers a ***** .....so we will do all we can

All I did with the Ox

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hanging my head in virtual shame, I just loaded the truck onto a tow-truck bound for a repair shop. I tried and tried to get this thing ironed out but I have to admit I do not have what it takes and I need my truck so, I have to sit on my ego and suck it up. At least my truck will run now.

PaulRicciardi

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Checked and reset my timing this evening. IP is getting a little old, had retarded a few degrees over the years.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Workin on puttin new prongs back on the leaky injectors what should I live the caps with.will grease work

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Removed Xtras from box washed box at car wash.....Brians sis is dying of cancer and we are going to transport medical bed tomorrow so figured best have clean box....she is at home and wants to pass there we respect and support it so we are doing heavy lifting....all good guys we know what we in forBrians not upset....cancers a ***** .....so we will do all we canAll I did with the Ox
My condolences I know a lot of good people that have passed from it. Brian And Sister will be in prayers. F-Cancer

Last edited:

Runningaford

Reaction score
Today, I installed the pyro probe, as far back as I could on the left manifold, and also worked on my gauge pod for the pyro, and boost gauge. I read in one of the stickies a guy who made his own fiberglass gauge pod, with 2" pvc, and fiberglass. I'm doing the same, and mounting to the right of the instrument cluster, on the dash. It should be done tomorrow :)

EDIT TO ADD: I also had a long run around with the Postal Service, the turbo I sent off to Typ4, they're not quite sure where it is.... They said, they'd call me when they find itcookoo, or maybe it'll show up at Russ's door....;Sweet

Last edited:

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my truck back form the shop. I had given up, and needed help thinking I had *****'d my truck. All they found was a loose fuel-line (#1 no doubt..) and fixed my e-brake (adjustment spring..) and I got it back. It was nice to know that I had done all my work right. I just couldn't take it over the finish line alone. Props to Economy Diesel in Hiram. Today, i'm gonna run a bunch of trash that has built up in our driveway to the dump, go rent a tiller for the garden AND hit up Woofstock (a local dog park) for Willie Nelson.

Have a great weekend everyone....

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I finally got engine number 2 in the truck today. Hoping to hear it run tomorrow if time allows. Not sure of its condition as I never heard it run however it had 130k on it when I pulled it and engine number 1 had a pushrod jammed through a lifter so it had to come out.

So far, a decent weekend.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
So got about 30 miles over to the next town and pulled into sonic to talk to some people and went to start my truck and heard this noise like sparks.so went to eat somewhere else had my buddy get out and look while I cranked on it and I was right it was throwin Sparks so went to my buddy's to tighten the nuts up on the starter for the starter cables and stuff and I see this
You must be registered for see images
it was further out till I pushed it in so now gotta get a new starter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online