ticking noise!

blakken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi all!
i just replaced my lifter and puschrods because i had an engine tick.
but the engine ticks is still sounding.
totaly reman ip and new injectors. i hade the tick before i replaced all the parts to. replaced the exhaust manifold gasket on the side it ticks.....it ticks!

the engine dont tick (sound) on idle just start to tick 1000rpm or more.
this tick sound make me insane.

the god part is the truck runs greater then before. and starts at -17 degrese celsius with out engine heater.
i make 16-18 mpg

just want to find the ticking

thanks for any help/ Lars

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What you are hearing is the injectors and injection pump. That sound is completely normal. You have a very nice sounding engine. Enjoy the ride.

blakken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok tanks! i hope it vill hold upp[emoji51]

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so sure about this one. Me thinks something is going on with your engine. I can clearly hear that ticking sound and that's not normal IMO....ask me how I know lol.
Here's a couple things to check. First, I would use a stethoscope to try and find location of ticking. If it's around valve covers, I would take them off and see if you have a collapsed lifter by pushing down on each rocker arm. Also check for any abnormalities while your in there (inspect rockers, springs etc). It kind of sounds like a lifter to me but could be wrong.
Next, you can try cracking injector lines open while engine is running. You might need a friend to help you listen to engine while you do it. If noise goes away, bingo. Bad injector. Where did you buy injection pump & injectors from??

blakken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have just put in new lifters and pusch rods! i checked al off this spring rockers spring valve stem etc etc.
new injektors come from pensacola diesel
and the pump is rebuilt hear in sweden at a very reputable shop.

blakken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but you never now[emoji17] i have tryed the stetoscop thing and i just cant locat it. it drive me insane!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Are you sure those injectors were new and not a rebuilt or remanufactured injector. Pensacola is not the best ebay seller to buy from. This forum knows who sell the best injectors and that's type whose name is Russ or Agnem whose name is Mel. Mel actually makes the Moose pumps and injectors. He owns Conestoga Diesel of Pa USA.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As already stated, we need to know more about these injectors. I don't know about anyone else, but I do hear a ticking that is consistent with an injector problem (in your vid).
Pensacola is hit & miss from what I have heard. Sometimes injectors with 150k on them are better than their rebuilds.

blakken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok! i leave my oem injectors to the shop who thid my pump. and se what they can do!

blakken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked the injectors! and the oem is stanadyne and the "new" delphi. hope this help

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if they are new Delphis and engine tick was there before & after, we can possibly rule that out as being one of the problems.....maybe.
Can you isolate noise by opening injector lines or using stethoscope?
Also, do you hear this noise coming from exhaust pipe or air intake?

blakken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now. did a leakdown test with out problems. every thing looks fine! exept the noise[emoji34] i have cracked the inj lines and no result. now i just drive and se what vill break. dont have the money to replace parts and dont get any result.

blakken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used a stetoscop but cant isolate it. but it is defenitiv some tick. or more like tschhh tschhh tschhh if you get me