95 7.3 stalling hard start

jdawg9742

Reaction score
95 f250 runs great at first...
It stutters when you hit the gas and stalls out at idol and is hard to start afterwards.
When it starts up it dies instantly unless you floor it than it will idol for a while. Than when you get going on the road you have to keep it floored or it will die. It also dies at high rpms as if you turned the key into the off position. If your lucky enough to get it to start up after stalling the abs light stays on but than other times it doesn't. It has a new cps sensor acts the same) and also has a new lift pump. But I doubt it's a pump if it cuts out like I turned the key off. It also shakes violently sometimes at high speed 55 mph or less. But than acts normal. It started doing this yesterday and now I'm left wondering how am I going to get to class on Tuesday for college? Also the tailpipe never smokes at all during all of this and batteries are fine with new terminals.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two questions: when was the last time you changed your oil? When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? Using the correct oil in a Powestroke is important as any foaming will cause injector issues.

Good luck

jdawg9742

Reaction score
A little over 1,000 miles on oil and I have a brand new fuel filter. And I it wouldn't be a filter if it just dies at 2,000 rpms like turning off the key. And the oil was 15w 40 it cost me 80$ to do it myself. But this whole thing is starting to irritate me

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Fuel level? Clean the fpr screen, check the ipr connection, check the ipr, replace the cps, check fuel pressure, unplug the fuel heat.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

jdawg9742

Reaction score
The ipr looks ok and the connections ok. The bowl always has plenty of fuel and pressure is ok. Cps is new as of yesterday and the fpr screen is ok

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oops. Didn't mean to put ipr twice. One of those should've been ICP. You can try unplugging it.
Check the UVCH'S.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

jdawg9742

Reaction score
Sorry got it again. I drained the bowl by accident and then found out it didn't wanna fill back up at all. So I replaced the new lift pump(under warranty) yesterday and while doing so I tightened the fpr too much and it snapped. It cost me 40$ at a junkyard and 408 at Ford because they want you to buy the whole fuel bowl. So it was a fuel pump all along :( and I just replaced it in June. Oh well that just life. Thank you for all your help guys appreciate it.
P.s. lift pumps are easily replaced but fpr's are not easy to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online