power boost

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what a broken drive shaft looks like. The fuel increase screw was turned in to far, actually broke the screw head off.

Attachments

• DVC01457.JPG
    DVC01457.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DVC01462.JPG
    DVC01462.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 15

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first off thanks mel. i will try and contact you tomorow on my lunch

secong... could this problem be related to that damn E4OD i have behind my 7.3...lol

today i noticed a few times while driving the od light would start blinking and then at the next stop sign it would go off and be fine for awhile.

all of a sudden on the way home she cut out. it was like i was in neutral. wouldent grab then all of a sudden it did. but my shift points where messed up it would jump to a high start at a low rpm then shift to a high rpm then quikly down to a low rpm.

so i stoped home and was gonna take it down the service road with my dad and what do ya know...worked like a dream
(i see a ZF5 in my near fueter haha) anyone have any ideeas?

suspect the MLPS or connector.$50 or less (possibly free.just a cleaning) and 10-15 mins worth of work.no need for a trans swap anytime soon.

that issue isn't related to how your engine runs.
try not to drive the truck until you fix this issue.if you must drive it,stay very alert and whenever you feel it go into neutral on it's own,don't wait for it to find a gear on it's own.that very harsh re-engagement is very ******* the internals. quickly manually shift into neutral and let the truck roll to a complete stop and then take off easy again.repeat as needed (i strongly encourage you to park the truck instead in this case) until you fix the MLPS.

Last edited:

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
suspect the MLPS or connector.$50 or less (possibly free.just a cleaning) and 10-15 mins worth of work.no need for a trans swap anytime soon.

that issue isn't related to how your engine runs.
try not to drive the truck until you fix this issue.if you must drive it,stay very alert and whenever you feel it go into neutral on it's own,don't wait for it to find a gear on it's own.that very harsh re-engagement is very ******* the internals. quickly manually shift into neutral and let the truck roll to a complete stop and then take off easy again.repeat as needed (i strongly encourage you to park the truck instead in this case) until you fix the MLPS.

cleaning the mlps seensor? where is this located?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got the pump today and went right to work on it. It was indeed a problem with the snap ring. One of those weird situations where despite inspection and quality testing (we do push ******* the shaft from the inside during assembly to make sure the snap ring is holding) it somehow worked its way out of the grove in the shaft. This would explain all the running problems you were having, since the snap ring was interfering with the governor weights. The good news is, there really isn't any damage, but the pump is being completely rebuilt and should be sent out today. I sent a PM and am compensating you a little for the hardship. We know that there really is no way to pay for the frustration this has caused, and you have our sincere apologies that this has happened.

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
We got the pump today and went right to work on it. It was indeed a problem with the snap ring. One of those weird situations where despite inspection and quality testing (we do push ******* the shaft from the inside during assembly to make sure the snap ring is holding) it somehow worked its way out of the grove in the shaft. This would explain all the running problems you were having, since the snap ring was interfering with the governor weights. The good news is, there really isn't any damage, but the pump is being completely rebuilt and should be sent out today. I sent a PM and am compensating you a little for the hardship. We know that there really is no way to pay for the frustration this has caused, and you have our sincere apologies that this has happened.

Many thanks Mel for taking a second look at my pump and i aprecciate the help and hardwork you have put into it. You will surley be getting my business in the future.
I also want to thank those who have commented and helped with how they could!
Hopefully this thread can help someone in the future.

thanks all, Mark

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
Update!

Got the new pump in primed and timed and she purrs like a kitten being chased by a fox:sly

Thanks for all the help guys the problem is all solved and a good shout out to mel and conestoga for working with me on thi problem!
Thanks
-Mark