1993 Ford F-Super Duty XLT - "Log Truck" (new to me truck-pic heavy)

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's at the front top of the bed?
Don't think I saw it in any of the other pics. Looks like drain/culvert tube.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

yes.like on chip trucks as well (a little larger diameter on log truck) it is a culvert tube with a capped off end,and an end (on the drivers side) with a removable plug.
this is where i store pole pruner/saws (various lengths) and peavey.
an overhead tool box.

I don't know if it's just the angle of the picture but that truck seems like it's extra long.

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

it is in fact extra long.she came from ford as the 161" WB and she's been custom stretched an extra 3' to 197" WB.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
in today's episode of log truck.log truck can finally live up to it's name with the installation of the used auto crane 3203 prx.

so it's really pretty good but i think more reinforcement wouldn't hurt.i placed a 1/2 steel sheet below the decks c-channel and bolted down through.it could use another sheet up top but she feels really rugged right now.the only flex i see is the whole truck.no movement from base.
so for a complete hookup i'll bolt a 24" under body toolbox below the crane to house the battery and run a 10# wire over from the tow harnesses junction/hot bat charge.she's gunna be nice!;Sweet

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    879.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
log truck double shot tonight here on channel 444!!! .........the outfitting saga continues.

tonight log truck becomes even more capable with a replacement dump pump.power up/down.Monarch 3551k (same as chip truck.)

just need to run a 1awg line w/ circuit breaker and top her up full of fluid.temporarily tested/working via old small wire the po used.

installed 6 tie down hooks (3 down each side) to strap down full length logs.

log truck is becoming much more capable this weekend.;Sweet

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 12
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 12

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good there Fordf250, it defently looks like the crane pulls that side of the truck down a bit, unfortante about the TECA having different programs in them, if it was me I would just swap ROM's from each computer and call it a day but then again electronics and solding don't scare me lol

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks ifrythings.;Sweet

tonight on the log truck show.........the install of a 24" underbody toolbox that will be used to house the battery for the crane and future lift gate (if i ever get that installed lol)
i was gunna run a #10 battery charge over from the rear junction box to have that ready but then i got rained out.so need another rear bolt to finish mounting it also but she's pretty much good to go.this one will tip with the dump bed as the wires from the hydraulic devices will need to remain stationary.so i'll need to secure the battery inside so it can't slide around either.tractor supply has truck toolboxes 20% off this labor day weekend.;Really

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    807 KB · Views: 9
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 10

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make it a tandem axle truck now...you've done everything else...LOL. 205 divorced transfer case and another rear dana 80

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super Jealous of that crane!! That is super cool. I love your trucks and how handy they would be. You've got them setup really nice.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With some rain driving, etc.
I like to hear how good those are.

underbody toolboxes you mean?

Make it a tandem axle truck now...you've done everything else...LOL. 205 divorced transfer case and another rear dana 80

i dunno about another axle lol but i tell ya,i sure would love to have a t-case in this truck......well ok,a front axle wouldn't hurt my feelings either though.:D

Super Jealous of that crane!! That is super cool. I love your trucks and how handy they would be. You've got them setup really nice.

thanks man.i started out back in '01 running my tree service with a short bed f150 pickup.i know far too well how it is making due with what ya got lol...........keeping debt free though......i wouldn't go back and do it any different.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
they hold up decent.the rain isn't much trouble.it's the snow/slush/road salt that will eat them away.that's why i went with aluminum ones for chip truck.with this truck,she'll never see snow (wouldn't even dare try lol) so the steel will last and last....probably outlast the truck.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love that crane, massive bed and long ass wheel base. I got a thing for really long trucks (no ****). Crane and lift gates are ****.
yup, i do smell a d60 up front in next few years i think!

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
they hold up decent.the rain isn't much trouble.it's the snow/slush/road salt that will eat them away.that's why i went with aluminum ones for chip truck.with this truck,she'll never see snow (wouldn't even dare try lol) so the steel will last and last....probably outlast the truck.

F SuperDuty's are fun in the snow. Try it you will like it.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online