What is this spacer on my fuel lines?????

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I just have to ask why is the adapter located there instead of on number one injecter line at the injecter... I have never seen it located there and how would you get an injecter line for that setup...:dunno

suv7734

Reaction score
Injector line for that setup would be the same as the one factory installed now (same length). The only thing you'd need to be careful of is any changes in connection angles etc.
It's the same reason the vans use a different line (from the pickups) for the injector they have the 'fitting' in.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just have to ask why is the adapter located there instead of on number one injecter line at the injecter... I have never seen it located there and how would you get an injecter line for that setup...:dunno

If you also notice, everything on this pump is on the wrong side - tis either that the picture is a mirror image, or it may be a Chevy pump (the 6.2s and pre-'95 6.5s use a DB2 that rotates in the opposite direction)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The adapter in the picture does not belong on the pump. It belongs on the injector as has been stated. My advice to anyone who doesn't want the adapter on there, is to replace the line with one off of a 6.9, as only the 7.3's had them. Another member had me time his truck many years ago, and I told him right away that his adapter was missing. The line was all mangled from being forced to fit without it. I compared the timing of the #1 cylinder to #4, which is a viable line to use, and there was a 1 degree difference between them. I've since checked on my own engines, and there was no difference. I attribute the deviation to the difference in the length of the line. You need to keep the adapter, or get a 6.9 line.

sd2649

Reaction score
I will be painstakingly forcefitting it back on then. The line was really hard to get it to reach WITH the adapter. I will probably need to straighten the line to get it back on. Thanks for the feedback, no matter how hard you think about it, real experience will always beat out ideas and speculation. That's why I love this forum!

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't want to bend the line anymore. If you bent it once to fit wothout the adapter and bend it back to fit with the adapter the line is weaker. The lines are only about $30 new or you can sometimes find them at the junk yard for really cheap.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I've found the lines to be very malliable. I once thought I was loosening #7 injector nut, and after a few turns realized I was unscrewing the injector! :eek: The line had twisted around quite a bit. I tightened it back up, then held the injector with a wrench and loosened the line to continue with my work. That was many years ago and the line is still in service with no issues.

high psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you also notice, everything on this pump is on the wrong side - tis either that the picture is a mirror image, or it may be a Chevy pump (the 6.2s and pre-'95 6.5s use a DB2 that rotates in the opposite direction)

It's a Chevy pump. Look at the triangular pump mounting flange & larger drive hub. Totally different then the Fords.

slim072590

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know.. real old thread... buttttt, does anyone have one of these spacers for the #1 injector or know where to find one.. i have 3 junkyards within about 100 miles and none of them have a IDI

mine is missing and causing the #1 cylinder to run a slightly cooler then the rest.. about 8-10 Deg difference on the exhaust manifold then all the rest

Thanks

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
i know.. real old thread... buttttt, does anyone have one of these spacers for the #1 injector or know where to find one.. i have 3 junkyards within about 100 miles and none of them have a IDI

mine is missing and causing the #1 cylinder to run a slightly cooler then the rest.. about 8-10 Deg difference on the exhaust manifold then all the rest

Thanks

Contact gary (icanfixall) here, I think he had some lines.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online