BRICK NOSE BLOW OUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday works!
Perfect!! ;Sweet PM me with your address when you get a chance...afternoons generally work better for me, although I could get there earlier if need be. I'm happy to pull the running boards myself; that way I know how they're supposed to go on LOL

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, Any gauge clusters left? Any idea if one is in good working condition? Mine seems to be dying. But so far the only perma dead part is the oil pressure gauge, which I also have aftermarket so not a big deal yet.

Also what about the blue interior door panels? Looks like front of each side, have any 2nd door ones too? I sorta need to replace all 4, will review what's actually in worst shape. Then again it's a want vs need for me... but asking just in case.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i do have a decent gauge cluster that worked great.
the top plastic is cracked, but i have a replacement.
50 bucks.

the door panels are spoken for, if he passes, ill let you know

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Wasn't able to get to the trucks this weekend like I hoped. Literally couldn't. Had bad rain which kept my trucks inaccessible. One had water up to the garage door and the other to the wheel bearings. And if that wasn't enough, momma flooded the engine in her car trying to get to work. Didn't even get 300 feet from the front door. sucked in from under the bumper, through the intake, down past the rings and into the pan. When I got it back, the air filter was soaked, TB plate was holding the intake full so drained that. Pulled all 6 plugs, sprayed wd-40 into all 6 cylinders and respun, she spun over fine. Had no fresh oil or filter on hand....Put the plugs back in and DROVE it to get fresh oil and filter. The oil looked like mcdonalds caramel coffee. Drained it all out, Changed oil and filter. Started fine with a slight milky tint but had to look for it. Then last night, Would rev to 2K on its own....TPS went out.....Had to replace that which meant driving around town with a slam shifting trans.... (TPS disconnected, Engine still running fine.) Yeah. I had fun.....All on my day off. Have to wait until this Thursday to do ANYTHING now. Including changing the oil again. Luckily though, all 3 of my truck weren't damaged by any of this. Ones in a garage, the '04 SD I got moved in time and my '87...Well, I might need to repack the bearings.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't able to get to the trucks this weekend like I hoped. Literally couldn't. Had bad rain which kept my trucks inaccessible. One had water up to the garage door and the other to the wheel bearings. And if that wasn't enough, momma flooded the engine in her car trying to get to work. Didn't even get 300 feet from the front door. sucked in from under the bumper, through the intake, down past the rings and into the pan. When I got it back, the air filter was soaked, TB plate was holding the intake full so drained that. Pulled all 6 plugs, sprayed wd-40 into all 6 cylinders and respun, she spun over fine. Had no fresh oil or filter on hand....Put the plugs back in and DROVE it to get fresh oil and filter. The oil looked like mcdonalds caramel coffee. Drained it all out, Changed oil and filter. Started fine with a slight milky tint but had to look for it. Then last night, Would rev to 2K on its own....TPS went out.....Had to replace that which meant driving around town with a slam shifting trans.... (TPS disconnected, Engine still running fine.) Yeah. I had fun.....All on my day off. Have to wait until this Thursday to do ANYTHING now. Including changing the oil again. Luckily though, all 3 of my truck weren't damaged by any of this. Ones in a garage, the '04 SD I got moved in time and my '87...Well, I might need to repack the bearings.

sounds, .... hydrating!
i found the other part of the black dash trim.
its sitting on my bronco as i type.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
When I can Thursday, I'll let you know. Right now I'm trying to see of the engine is shot in mommas car or not among other things....Did not know a Chevy Malibu pulls air from behind the bumper on the bottom just 3 inches above the pavement....I'll take care of that... But whats funny is, They're claiming this was an "historic" flood. They must of forgot what happened 15 years ago....Her name is Allison. That was historic...

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeking a tilt column for my 1991 F350. Got any left?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeking a tilt column for my 1991 F350. Got any left?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i actually have a tilt from an 86, same as the brick nose as far as i can tell.
auto too. everything in tact
minus horn button.
Make me an offer

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got an E4OD OD switch? Windshield wiper knob?

I'll send ya $25 for them.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmmm gonna have to elaborate on the E4OD thing, got 2 and i dont know jack squat about em'
got a 96 PSD trans, and a 96 460 E4OD
or is this the switch on the IP?
got the wiper knob....

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking for the on-dash overdrive button for the E4OD from Bricknose era and Bricknose wiper knob (both for ma '91)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online