Need a radiator support

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a little while ago I had an car accident with my truck and now I'm getting around to fixing it. I need a bunch of parts but I know the hard one is a new rad support. I got a new Jeff's bronco graveyard catalog and it has a core support for a 92-94 diesel. But I was always under the impression that there are no diesel supports:dunno:dunno

You must be registered for see images attach

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Look on Craigslist in Allentown pa. A certain banned member of here has a few rust free southern cores for sale for obs diesels

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea 450 bucks and then 150 for shipping is alittle to much for me. I'd build one from scratch before spending 600 bucks for a used one.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
You asked. Lol that's what good ones go for. He sells 5-10 a year at that price. Has them shipped up from down south

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i put a 96 diesel core support in my 94.
radiator fits!
im a novice on the OBS, but everything seems to be in place

hit the junkyard or maybe @towcat has one a little less expensive?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i put a 96 diesel core support in my 94.
radiator fits!
im a novice on the OBS, but everything seems to be in place

hit the junkyard or maybe @towcat has one a little less expensive?
shipping is still going to broadside him. I brought four supports with me to the MI rally in 2012. sold all under 5 mins.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea 450 bucks and then 150 for shipping is alittle to much for me. I'd build one from scratch before spending 600 bucks for a used one.

take a look to see if you would consider my old one worthy of repair.i think it's well worth the effort but you might not;

https://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?76227-l-k-what-i-scored-in-the-lone-star-today!

ah.your gunna need more pics.i only snapped the one.so it's condition isn't known.i'll snap a few more for ya after work today if i remember.
attachment.php

you could drive up with a small car (needs to have seats that fold down from trunk like my little honda does so it will fit) cheaper than shipping it to ya.few hour drive though.............but this is a perfect time of year to visit Maine anyway!;Sweet

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep brad. He sells a lot of them. He will even sand blast and por15 them for additional cost

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
here it is.you can see i burned out the sides a touch for intercooler piping but that doesn't hurt of course.whats nasty is where the mounts go.the upper is a bit rusty but the main loop is good save for the mounts.it's repairable but i dunno if it's worthwhile to you.iv no clue what a welder/fabricator would charge to make new mounts.
i was surprised to see it was still as good as it is.i expected much worse based on what i could see of it in the truck.maybe this is worse than what you already got? if so,id really just fix yours cus i think this one would be worthwhile since they are obsolete and so expensive....outside of the west/south.

Attachments

• DSC03550 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03550 (Custom).JPG
    427.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03551 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03551 (Custom).JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03552 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03552 (Custom).JPG
    351.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC03548 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03548 (Custom).JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC03549 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03549 (Custom).JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03553 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03553 (Custom).JPG
    379.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03554 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03554 (Custom).JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's repairable, you can see what I did with mine in my build. Not super pretty but the rebuild on bottom was done with 1/8 thick 2 x 4 metal.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?75190-Subways-DT360-into-my-94-F350/page8

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

nice job on both the support and the floor repair.if i had your tools and skills i could of repaired my support the same way and my floors have a couple soft spots about the size of what you took care of there too.
id like to borrow you for a day.:D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Thanks, my repairs or ok. But I am in extremely high demand at my house right now LOL vehicle repair and my honey do list make sure I don't sit down much.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk