Can i run these axle gears?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I pretty much know how to set up an axle but it has been a few years since I have done it. Anybody know of a guide for sterling axles?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean setting pinion depth? I always buy 2 pinion bearings of the same brand grind/sand out the center of one so it slips over pinion easily and use that to assemble and remove to set depth with. Instead of pulling/pressing the bearing each time. And different bearing brands are different. When I did my suburban I used the National brand thay came with the gear set for my suburban and had a Timken checker. Realized the timken was like. 005" shorter. Tried to compensate couldn't ever get a good pattern on the rear set anyway but it's been 15k with just some noise and a ****** wear pattern but has seen some heavy trailers in bad conditions in 4wd and still works

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gosh me and another good size guy just slid a 10.25 and a D60 from one truck bed to another tonight and I thought that was work. Gettin one up into the trunk and back seat of a car with seat belts as handles sounds ROUGH!

I put a 351 Cleveland in the hatch of my 86 VWgolf diesel once, all my myself. no tools other than my broken brain cookoo and a pair of work gloves.

it was disassembled but man is a 351c shortblock fricken heavy. hey it was a freebee if I could put it in the car! my reconnaissance car for parts and truck searches for many years.

oops sorry , nothing to do with a 10.25 diff.LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online