4R100 Oil Pan on E4OD?

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to drop the transmission oil pan on my E4OD for multiple reasons (I figure if I'm going to the trouble of dropping the pan I need to do everything I can while it's down). My E4OD doesn't have a drain plug and I understand the 4R100 pan does. Is this right? I am also under the impression the 4R100 bolts right up. Am I right on both accounts? Definitely want a pan with a drain plug

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

gandalf

Reaction score
bolts right up, but you need the reusable gasket also,

And here it is. This is my '92, with an E4OD, if I can find that picture. Otherwise it will be only the pan.

You must be registered for see images attach

I can't find the picture of the pan mounted. It may be on my Photobucket page. If you want to search, look at "My Photos" below.

Found it. It was hiding on the Photobucket page.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Have you ever drained a pan with no drain plug in it. If not this may help. As your removing the bolts around the pan you will hopefully find 2 bolts that are longer than all the others. Leave those in the corners. Then as you loosen one of them the pan slips down and the fluid drains out that low area hopefully into your drain pan. When it stops draining loosen the other bolt and see if more drains out the low side. If not you can drop the pan and not spill it all over the ground and you. Have several rags ready to build a dam so if any falls out it wont reach your back. Its very hard to wash your own back in the shower. This was a messy lesson I learned only once. I now have a drain plug in my pan.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I think I've read you post that before. I've read it somewhere, anyways. Thanks for the reminder. At least now I don't have to try and find those tips again.

gandalf

Reaction score
Have you ever drained a pan with no drain plug in it. If not this may help. As your removing the bolts around the pan you will hopefully find 2 bolts that are longer than all the others. Leave those in the corners. Then as you loosen one of them the pan slips down and the fluid drains out that low area hopefully into your drain pan. When it stops draining loosen the other bolt and see if more drains out the low side. If not you can drop the pan and not spill it all over the ground and you. Have several rags ready to build a dam so if any falls out it wont reach your back. Its very hard to wash your own back in the shower. This was a messy lesson I learned only once. I now have a drain plug in my pan.

Two things to mention in reply.

Have a bag of kitty litter handy when you start draining if you have no drainplug.

When you find that your back is covered, and you can't manage to wash it, call your neighbor's wife to come wash your back:eek:;Sweet:love:. After all, that's what good looking neighbor's wives are for, isn't it?:D

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your replacing the pan just poke a hole with a center punch in the corner and let it drain.

I usually do this then weld in a bung. Weld outside, braze inside, clean off outside again with either then JB weld it.

Works like a charm.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you dont have a drain in a tranny pan get a garbage can lid and drill holes in the center.stick it on top of your drain bucket a remove the pan.

If youre gonna replace the pan use a 4wd pan and filter for extra capacity and cooling.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Do all 4R100 pans have a drain? I can't tell if this one does but that's a great price.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-711900-e4od-4r100-transmission-oil-pan.html
For the reusable seal is that an E4OD seal, like this
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-31198G-e4od-pan-gasket-1989-up.html
or would it be a 4R100 seal? Is there a difference?

All 4R100 pans have a drain. E4OD doesn't.

The B Graveyard part is a 4R100 pan.

Reusable gasket is for all E4OD and 4R100 models.

gandalf

Reaction score
Guess it's time to get specific. Here are part numbers. I used the kit rather than just the pan. You will need to order the 4x4 filter separately.

Taken from an old post: [FONT=&quot]

If you should want the deep oil pan for your E4OD with the drain plug and the reusable gasket, here is the part number for the kit, includes pan, gasket and bolts necessary to do the conversion:

F7TZ-7A194-DA

The pan itself, for the later E4ODs, is a

F81Z-7A194-BA[/FONT]

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online