a project i call, THEE WEE *******

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's not so far off (Dimensionally) from my Land Rover. I've been waffling whether to do a body swap and a frame chop, or pull and stuff. Looks like Body swap it is.
I'm going to redo the mounts as soon as I get the exhaust, trans tunnel, brakes, and front end built.
Body swap was easy

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Transfer case doubler would move the main case back and let it crawl, how about channeling the frame into the body to hide the frame as you postes about the stacks?
Nice build!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont have enough room under the hood to channel the body.
trust me i thought about it. maybe if i put a SBF in it, but i cant do that now, ive gone too far for this 7.3

this is the only problem with extending the transfer back anymore....
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
inlight of recent events im really really contimplating pulling the powerstroke and slapping an IDI in it...

just picked up another powerstroke F350 CC LB 4WD DRW with no engine and trans.

i may be using this PSD, since its the only spare one i have that runs.

what do you guys think???

its been along time since ive worked on this, and it would be nice to make it a runner again.....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, but also converting to the 99.5+ hpop with everything else swapped as well

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I mean you could, wouldn't take a whole lot of work. But you would have to swap injectors.
Unless the hpop is weak, I wouldn't worry about swapping. Yeah the obs is 15° and the SD is 17°, but far as anything you could feel or tell, you won't notice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean you could, wouldn't take a whole lot of work. But you would have to swap injectors.
Unless the hpop is weak, I wouldn't worry about swapping. Yeah the obs is 15° and the SD is 17°, but far as anything you could feel or tell, you won't notice.
I have to ask...'02 might be subject to emissions testing in California. I recall hearing that not all counties do emissions testing; is this truck registered in a county that checks? If so, is there any chance they might check the sticker and see that the engine's older than the truck? If so, IIRC that's an automatic fail even if the engine's brought up to '02 standards. If I'm wrong about the sticker but right that the truck gets tested, that might be a reason to bring the engine up to '02 standards even though it isn't "needed" per se.

FWIW...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to ask...'02 might be subject to emissions testing in California. I recall hearing that not all counties do emissions testing; is this truck registered in a county that checks? If so, is there any chance they might check the sticker and see that the engine's older than the truck? If so, IIRC that's an automatic fail even if the engine's brought up to '02 standards. If I'm wrong about the sticker but right that the truck gets tested, that might be a reason to bring the engine up to '02 standards even though it isn't "needed" per se.

FWIW...

very valid!!! i will be bringing it to 02 standards, i dont want to raise any flags, because the rabbit hole will go deeper if the door is discovered!!!:sly
luckily i know a guy that knows a guy that had a wife that was violated....0.o

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very valid!!! i will be bringing it to 02 standards, i dont want to raise any flags, because the rabbit hole will go deeper if the door is discovered!!!:sly
luckily i know a guy that knows a guy that had a wife that was violated....0.o

WHAT!?!?!?!

:rotflmao