93 idi clutch problems

buckeyes24a7

Reaction score
The clutch pedal does nothing untill its pinned to the floor. backpressure is great on it, but it does nothing untill it hits the floor. What can i do to fix this. Also it grinds when going into reverse.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
How do the bushings in the pedal box look under/behind the lower dash? They will wear/break and cause the pedal to move in the box. Also, look at the pushrod for the clutch. It can wobble out where it attaches to the pedal.

Deezelcaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with sicklas. Check the bushings on the pedal set and the pushrod. Myself and several other people who drove my truck thought the clutch was going out but the guys on here had me check the pedal set and the bushings were shot and the steel was rounded out. I bet if this just started suddenly the pushrod bushing disintegrated. If so, it comes in the Dorman and help bubble packs of linkage bushings. Somebody who is better at pic uploads than me can put up a picture. It is kind of counterintuitive how it goes on. I bought a new ford complete pedal set for about $125 on Amazon. The part numbers are in the parts bin.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Pedal box bushings in red, clutch bushing in yellow. Part number for the pedal box bushings included.
I bought the bushings for like $12 from sunrise ford.
My holes were worn out, so I grabbed a good pedal assembly from LKQ for $3X.00 some. It probably didn't need the new bushings, but I already bought them. Also hit the bushings good with some silaramic.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk