Brake Pads

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I redid my rear drums, I used Raybestos Professional series obtained through RockAuto for the shoes, hardware, and wheel cylinder. It all looked to be pretty good quality. They are quiet and work well so far. I even had the drums get blazing hot due to the stupid parking brake seizing. Took the drums off, sanded drums and shoes down and back in business.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
problem is they are not avail through retail sources. an installer or w/d can sell it. as a result, you're not paying for marketing and that's huge. I worked for a W/D a friend owned years ago and he gave me access to buy the stuff I repped. Still have access :D
http://www.centricparts.com/

Rockautoparts sells centricparts.. I'm going to order brakes off there for my sons truck. But first need to fix what ever started to leak coolant? Haven't had time to look at it closely yet

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind using a little harsher pad because I typically I end up warping the crap out of the rotors anyway driving through the mountains. Never fails you get behind somebody who wants to drive 35 in a 55 down a 9% grade.

When was the last time you had a set of rotors turned? I can't remember it was so long ago. I just replace them anymore.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I am building or reseLing and doing kp on one D60 while I drive on the other I hqve decided to grab the US 47 buck NAPA pads and be done.

I will endeavour to get Yellowstuff pads and some new HD rotors...if available when I finish the 60 up.

Keeps me going for now...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought Raybestos Rotors I think from Amazon. Most of the brake parts like the Wagner stuff is available at about half the price of the box stores. Just FYI. Not saying they are the greatest rotors ever but I bought the Wagner ceramic front pads which I have had good luck on everything else with for less than half Advance price with prime shipping.

;Sweet

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying there, or try to order online if I can maybe find motorcraft. I'm sure it's all coming from China though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

i payed more for motorcraft drums last time........when they arrived;made in China.
my recent water pump failure (with 40k miles or so/motorcraft) sealed the deal for me.that's it.frig motorcraft.
im not supporting their trash anymore.at least at autozone i get a decent (often lifetime) warranty and amazon has lots of options (gotta love prime account.)

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind using a little harsher pad because I typically I end up warping the crap out of the rotors anyway driving through the mountains. Never fails you get behind somebody who wants to drive 35 in a 55 down a 9% grade.

When was the last time you had a set of rotors turned? I can't remember it was so long ago. I just replace them anymore.

there's only a few things i can't stand on a vehicle;
1.out of balance tires/broken belts.
2.out of alignment/pulling hard to one side.
3.pulsating brakes/warped rotors.

after warping some new rotors i went here and got the slotted and dimpled with lifetime warranty;
http://brakeperformance.com

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
True. That's why I won't be buying a motorcraft cps if I ever need one again. Also don't recommend then for other people. So far only the IPR and icp sensor are still decent quality from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk