fuel pick up extentions

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lastnight i pulled apart my fuel senders/pick ups.
both vents were cloged, both senders had the pick up tube extentions busted off.
sarched for about an hour on this site and couldnt find a definitive answer.

so, i measured from the sending unit base to the bottom of the tank and added about 1.5"
of fuel line to both tanks. DOES THIS SOUND CORRECT TO YOU GUYS?

while the senders were out, i took the time to replace all rubber fuel line.
i also deleted all the extra hard line that used to go to the WFS.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I stuck mine on with the clamp loose, stuck it in the tank and let it push the hose up, then raised it slightly more and tightened it down.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I stuck mine on with the clamp loose, stuck it in the tank and let it push the hose up, then raised it slightly more and tightened it down.

x2. Unless you want to replace them with the actual "showerheads", I got mine from Amazon. Just make sure you "V-notch" the ends of the rubber line so it doesn't suck itself down on to the bottom of the tank. Then you wouldn't need to raise it the extra little bit like Jasper did.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Wait, actually that's not exactly how I did it, I stuck brass tee's at the bottom. Lol

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't do the hose, I bought the actual shower heads. Finally got them installed a couple weeks back. SO nice to be able to get all the fuel. That's a good picture of how long they are.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I didn't do the hose, I bought the actual shower heads. Finally got them installed a couple weeks back. SO nice to be able to get all the fuel. That's a good picture of how long they are.

Yup, just have to remember that the metal fuel line from the sending unit goes into the showerhead by about an inch and a half or so. So the full length of the showerhead is NOT how long to make your rubber hose extend past the bottom of the metal line. It's how long to make the rubber hose if you can manage to clamp it exactly where the showerhead would normally sit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online