Gauge Pod for 88 F250

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
So, I was cruising through the forum about gauge pods and pillars for the 87 - 91 Ford trucks and found an awesome thread! Well, I wasn't signed in and once I signed in I couldn't find it so here I am. What have you all done for your gauge pods? How do you get the triple gauge pod to fit with out it looking like a monkey slapped it in there? I'm open to all ideas for pods and or pillars, I am only doing 3 gauges for now as I don't have a turbo.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since im not using a stereo, i have 3 gauges where it used to be.
lately, ive been thinking about making an overhead compartment for storage
and installing a 4 gauge pod. pyro, water temp, oil press, and boost,

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a stereo and don't plan on getting rid of it. I am either going to make the 92-97 gauge pod fit or use the ones that mount on the dash. I will just order both and see which one I like more, they aren't exspensive. ;Sweet

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
With a heat gun or even the old lady's hair dryer, you can shape the pods pretty easily.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I used the OBS 3-gauge pod from Autometer and trimmed to fit. Looks clean enough for me. Having a Dashmat to cover where I went too far helps.

Mike

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Yeah, I may go with the pillar first, give that a try, if it doesn't work out then I will come up with something creative that still looks good.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smolkin I believe his user name is made a pillar one out of PVC. I thought it turned out pretty good.

Yesterday I cut 4 piece of 2" PVC and was playing around on where to make a gauge pod at. I can make a pillar or above the temp controls on top of the dash. Next time I get some free time I'll set them up on the dash and snap a picture. I thought they looked good there.

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
smolkin I believe his user name is made a pillar one out of PVC. I thought it turned out pretty good.

Yesterday I cut 4 piece of 2" PVC and was playing around on where to make a gauge pod at. I can make a pillar or above the temp controls on top of the dash. Next time I get some free time I'll set them up on the dash and snap a picture. I thought they looked good there.

Yeah that'd be awesome, I like to see what everyone has to compile the ideas. As soon I get home from deployment I plan on gettin the gauges how I want them.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 86 has pillar gauges, don't know who the pod is from because the P.O. installed it. From personal experience, the gauges on the pillar never seem to be angled correctly, and I'm pretty much right in the middle of average size as far as a person goes. I know there isn't much choice in where to put them in these trucks, but I prefer to have some control over how they are placed/angled.
Travis..

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 86 has pillar gauges, don't know who the pod is from because the P.O. installed it. From personal experience, the gauges on the pillar never seem to be angled correctly, and I'm pretty much right in the middle of average size as far as a person goes. I know there isn't much choice in where to put them in these trucks, but I prefer to have some control over how they are placed/angled.
Travis..
I've always had the same concern...for this reason, while it isn't as clean, I've put some thought into getting bolt-on individual cups (similar to this: http://www.jegs.com/p/Equus/Equus-Gauge-Mounting-Cups/2935021/10002/-1 ) and bolting them to the A-pillar, so I could aim them as I see fit.

One other thought...I saw a link to a discussion about putting in an overhead gauge and switch holder out of a late-model F-650 onto one of our trucks. The link's to another discussion forum, but I'm seriously considering going this route as well (probably in addition to the A-pillar gauges ;Sweet I would just as soon have a full-on cockpit full of gauges :D )... http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/94-98-7-3l-interior-discussion/533777-f-650-overhead-mod.html

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gauge cups like that Jegs link in my Dodge, only they're Isspro. I drilled holes in the top of the dash right next to the A pillar to mount them. My Dodge has a plastic dash cap that isn't padded though. Might be the same on the Bricks too?
Travis..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online