Return line kit, IP, battery cable replacement...

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Need to get a return line kit and if no one has a good one, A POS battery cable. Only place around here that has a kit on hand is orielly and theirs is made by BWD and is $72. I have seen some online for as low as $30 but how good are they? After reading the wall of shame, It looks like there is alot of people making old junk look and sound good and getting good money for it from people who are not expertly familiar with these engines.
And the batt cable. Seen a Motorcraft at a few online places for $124 but oreilly has on for close to $90. Under the name "Super Start". Used their heavy duty batt terminals before and didn't have a problem. How would this hold up?

And lastly, IP. Until I can track one down, What are some honest places to look for one? And actually, At this time, I prefer a used one but not one close to death either. In other words, One someone had but upgraded and want to get rid of their old one or a "dealer" of them. Seen a ton but damn they're expensive.
If its not painfully obvious already, I'm in a bit of a rush on this...But not in such a rush I won't do this right. Once it fires off on its own, Things can slow down.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Message type4 for a return line kit or hit up Conestoga diesel.

I have a dozen oreilleys within 20 miles so I have the option of going to the one that builds cables. That would be my preference for a cable. Have it built. Shouldn't be expensive.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 on type4 or conestoga. Get quality so you only have to do it onceLOL

I believe type4 also has an abundance of hard line olives in stock as well

mbolton1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just scored a reman'ed IP from a wrecked truck off eBay for $145 shipped.

Deals pop up sometimes,of course this pump is sold as is where is and it has absolutely no warranty whatsoever..
I could put it in and it be bunk, but for that cheap I'm willing to take a gamble..

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
I just scored a reman'ed IP from a wrecked truck off eBay for $145 shipped.

Deals pop up sometimes,of course this pump is sold as is where is and it has absolutely no warranty whatsoever..
I could put it in and it be bunk, but for that cheap I'm willing to take a gamble..

PM me with pictures and details please. $145 is cheap at the same time, I have a budget this week and I have a TON of more parts to order. Heading over to oreillys to pick up the battery cable.

mbolton1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM me with pictures and details please. $145 is cheap at the same time, I have a budget this week and I have a TON of more parts to order. Heading over to oreillys to pick up the battery cable.

Sorry, it's not for sale,I was just pointing out that they pop up from time to time cheap.
I'm keeping it as a spare for my van,in case the original one goes out. I'm expecting it to since it's got 165k on it..

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Oh sorry. Must of read it wrong. Getting kind of desperate for parts. By the time I see them in a thread, They're already sold. I did FINALLY get the cable. Local store didn't have it but I know they deliver so I asked. I guess he was the manager called about 3 other stores to find it. I asked him to call the hub and it wouldn't be until tomorrow after noon until it came in. Told him I need it by tomorrow morning so he called the first store back and talked to someone else.

After NOT being on hold for 30 minutes again, He said they had one. (Which I knew from the corporate site.) Said they only had one in stock so I purchased it at the store I was at and headed over there. Got to the other store and some mexican kid with the hat turned the new sideways (Not to the complete side but not forward and brim tilted up) shirt tucked in behind belt buckle and out everywhere else and unbuttoned, those I guess shoes that you typically see on young punk kids, and a ghetto attitude got on his little computer and started asking year and all that. Told him part number instead. System said 0 in stock....Told him who I talked to and he said "Nah man. We don't got it." I said I talked to ***** and have the receipt here. Go get him. He eventually did and suddenly They had one. The box was open so I inspected it and it was already installed once and pointed that out. He said they have another one in back. That one was new. But they actually had two in stock. But while at local store I was there at least 45 minutes with manager calling and waiting on hold.

These kids they're hiring are getting worse....I'm very observant when in public and owned my own business for a few years. If you come to work looking like you're fixing to go to the club but wearing company shirt, I will send your ass right back home to change. Not to mention, When I walked in, The whole store smelled like glue...
What is going on with these places? I would of went to NAPA but they're proud of what they have. But after little over an hour, I got the cable and it's on the truck just not bolted to the starter yet. Got dark by time I got to it. When I get it on the starter in the morning I'll try to spin the engine over. If it still cranks slow, Guess what....Starter rebuild time.
Ordering the return line kit from Conestoga Monday. Still need a working IP though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online