Project Mosquito Control...

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Got the box back! just a little patching on one corner then it's time for seam sealing, mud flying and lots and lots of sanding.....

You must be registered for see images

The turbo will be in Wednesday so there will be a engine dyno run coming shortly! The trans will be back soon, then I can finish the driveline.....getting there a little at a time....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how are you going to address the dents in the bed floor?

ive always considered these dents to be a sign of a truck that was used as a truck.

ive never had a truck with a straight bed, would be kinda nice tho...
LOTS OF HAMMER AND DOLLY?

SHES LOOKIN BADASS! time to break out the pneumatic long board!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, you are worried about dents??? Where I come from, I'd be thankful to have enough metal to know what the bed was supposed to look like to attempt to recreate it. [emoji6]

Besides once he puts that cool topper on there, you won't see them anyway. ;Sweet

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
being born and rasied in commiefornia, i do believe im spoiled. lol

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Ran the rear wiring harness....7 wire trailer cable.....

Got the turbo... had Carson and the place that did my pump recommend the S366.

Yeah, mockup... I clocked it right later...

Threaded inserts and studs.

So I've had great luck with a 130 amp 3G on my IDI, figured i'd use it here too.... Was going to make a bracket when I found a Scout 2 steering pump with a bracket on it. Figured I can cut it up and make it work. I took it and it almost aligned with the factory 466 holes! With a little reaming and shaving of the front cover it BOLTED ON! Also fit the alternator perfect!

Was even able to use a Scout 2 adjustment bracket! Man I love my IH's!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please tell me you are going to paint those brackets.... :D

Just yanking your chain. Looks good. I had really thought about running 7 pole wire but my harness is pretty good. I may still run 7 pole wire dedicated for my trailer connector. Just starting to think about electrical for real. I really want to run a serious power cable out the back for a winch connector for when a cigarette lighter plug just wont do the job.

I just checked out your gofundme page. Not doing too hot there. Need to advertise more I guess and drum up some support.
:rotflmao

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Just on for the dyno run. Will get cleaned and painted. I'll run tail and reverse lights, trailer feed, charge, and a spot light. Putting a junction block in the rear. I've given up on that.... haha!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get your 7-wire trailer harness, and how much did it run ya per foot? Are the wires for aux battery and trailer ground pretty heavy gauge, like at least 12?

Cool trick with the alternator brackets. May all the rest of your custom work go as smoothly :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was going to make a bracket when I found a Scout 2 steering pump with a bracket on it. Figured I can cut it up and make it work. I took it and it almost aligned with the factory 466 holes! With a little reaming and shaving of the front cover it BOLTED ON! Also fit the alternator perfect!

Was even able to use a Scout 2 adjustment bracket! Man I love my IH's!
Very cool!!

I have to ask, though...I assume that bracket came off a 304/345 V8? I'm hoping it's a different design than what the SD-33T had...on my old Scout, I had a problem with the power steering pump bracket cracking and throwing the PS pump out of alignment with the water pump, so even with a new belt the belt shrieked like nobody's business every time I turned the wheel. The forum I was on at the time told me that it was a common problem with the diesel Scouts, and that there wasn't really a way to fix or replace it...I ended up just leaving the belt off the PS pump and had Armstrong steering cookoo (I was 19 years old at the time and didn't have the equipment or know-how to fabricate something, what can I say?). I hope you won't have a similar problem!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Bought it in bulk so it was cheap for a 100 foot roll. Did my fifth wheel trailer too. And yes 2 wires in it are heavy for the brakes and charge.

And yeah they were from an SV8. The diesel stuff is funky. When it was in my scout I had to get longer belts and go all the way around the crank, water pump and ps pump. The factory setup there was no way to get the torque out of it to stay tight.