So what did you do with your truck today?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
. This is all I've done for the past week.didnt do to much today though besides add more ps fluid.really gotta install my new pump but it's been under 20 degrees the last couple days so that ain't happnin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went from these lights..

You must be registered for see images attach

To these ones!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
put a facet pump in today,
put my hand on the driveshaft to support myself, and found the clunking issue ive been hearing.
60 bucks in all new U-joints, and im golden again!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went from these lights..

To these ones!

im partial to the stockers.
but this pic inspires me to finish my bumper!

wvredxj

Reaction score
went to help on a recovery mission, ended up needing recovered myself:

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score

harbor freight sells a VERY affordable winch from badland winches. its the cats ass. I built a hitch mount platform for it myself, i can put it on any of my vehicles :sly and that means nothing gets stuck LOL i pull not only giant vehicles with the 9000lbs'er but also giant logs 100ft from one side of the property to the other (where the path is).

get a good winching setup and you'll be begging to get stuck jsut so you can use it ;Sweet

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
harbor freight sells a VERY affordable winch from badland winches. its the cats ass. I built a hitch mount platform for it myself, i can put it on any of my vehicles :sly and that means nothing gets stuck LOL i pull not only giant vehicles with the 9000lbs'er but also giant logs 100ft from one side of the property to the other (where the path is).

get a good winching setup and you'll be begging to get stuck jsut so you can use it ;Sweet

I have the 12K model w/wireless remote ($325 on sale) on a car trailer...still going strong after 2 years and many picks.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drag home this junk for parts for my 5er,

wvredxj

Reaction score

The truck has a Warn m12,000lb winch in between the aux fuel tanks and a roller on the bed. It works really well, but we needed the jeep to help get the whole truck back on the road. The truck empty weighs 10,300lb.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow, you guys are having too much fun in the snow!!! Switched out the autolites with Motorcraft before I had more problems then I already got... Compression tested Sis. Spent about 2 hours trying to remove the oil cooler from Frank... Loosened the wrong two engine mount bolts apparently cause I bent the oil pan when jacking it up... YAY!!! Referenced the manual and figured out proper two bolts... will kick ass Monday.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
That is awesome snow wheeling, we are very dry this winter no such fun to be had under 7000ft. Today I reassembled the interior with all new panel fasteners and screws, plugged the hole for the filter minder (now obsolete according to ford), took a hammer to the broken weld tabs on the back of the bed, replaced the broken bed side support, and finished replacing missing bolts. At the end of the day I found one more missing from the running board bracket. The bed is much straighter and is now ready for a clean up and a few welds. I also straightened the spare tire rack bolts but they are so crooked I am going to grab the parts off the truck in the yard. I am also going tail gate shopping on the web tonight at http://www.car-part.com/

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out to the In-laws to rob the blower motor out of my 87 F150 (parts truck I got for installing a pedestal sink in a house) After installing the motor it still didn't work! Yes I replaced the resister already 1st thing I did to try and correct the issue. So I pulled the switch in the dash out of the parts truck (slightly different but harness is the same) Then pulled the one out of my 91 F350 found my harness to be slightly cooked! Still tried the new switch with didn't work unless I wiggled it. So with the curiosity I have I put he old switch back in and still have to wiggle the lever to get it to come on. Then it shuts off on it's own after a few then have to wiggle the lever again. But some times it does't work. And only have high speed when it works.. When this weather breaks I'll bring the parts truck home and rob the whole harness for the blower motor out of it..

Sometimes I regret getting this truck But other times I'm like :Thumbs Up Starting to feel bipolar at times cookoo :rotflmao

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
well had to pull this truck up a solid sheet of ice last night probley was a 70 degree hill idk but steeper then all hell.blew his hub out and couldn't get up outta our buddy's drive way so I had to pull him.he probley has a good 1000 pounds on my with all the stuff in his truck.you talk about desturbin the peace at 8pm with straight pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk