1995 powerstroke code scanner what one works

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
8 would be correct if he's including the inside of the VC also.
and the new SD ones, the inside connector has been deleted, thank god

Yup, that's what I was going off of. Just two connections on the entire thing now. And earlier I was including those damned interior connections, too, since those are the ones that burn out more often than the outer ones.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill be swaping over both of my 97 styles when I have to do them
You guys call the new ones SD ? Is t any POWERSTROKE a SD?

farmiron

Reaction score
good advice on the vc gasket up grade thanks i have not check yet ..i ohm the pins and seem good the pos wont start now im stranded home again

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Is the wait to start light coming on?
Does the tach move while cranking?
Oil level?

When the IPR went in my brothers truck, started off it wouldn't start hot. We replaced the IPR orings, it would start hot now. But upon starting it would lope a bit on startup.
Then it went back to not starting hot. Then to just died on the highway. So this time we replaced the IPR.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

farmiron

Reaction score
before i call it a night im going to remove the ipr with or without a hammer n chisel lol this girl might need a new owner to solve the problem though it is a nice cold rainy nite to work outside be right back .

farmiron

Reaction score
ipr removed hammer and chisel method

I think the hammer and chisel will be easier.LOL

yes removed easy few light hits upon inspection i tested the actuator it was confirmed good ,upon disassembley of the ipr valving it was discovered the valve internals were jammed due to debris we are currently re assembling the ipr and will re install perhaps this was the problem ,if not its one more thing off the list ?

farmiron

Reaction score
What I found is its easiest to pull the fuel bowl first.

i would remove the fuel bowl however due to the weather and conditions i need this going asap stranded

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cost is almost the exact same for the two different systems. The AE reader (with the appropriate "enhanced package") will read ANYTHING on the supported vehicle brand up to the year it is supported through. Mine is supported through '08, and to upgrade I would just have to pay $100 for factory support to send me a new hardware disc. The SnapOn reads whatever year the cartridge is good through, and whatever the secondary cartridge is programmed for.

As far as your problem, it's really hard to say. I gave up trying to diagnose Powerstrokes over the internet a long time ago. I plug my AE in at the slightest hint of anything going wrong, whether it's my imagination or not.

You can try your UVCH connections, pull the valve covers off and see if any of them look or smell burnt. Also, anything over 3000 miles on an oil change and these engines will just throw a hissy fit worse than a 2 year old when he doesn't get something he wants.

The snap on scanners dont use cartridges anymore.the solus and modis cost about 5,000.00 for initial purchase then you have updates every year downloaded by your dealer.my solus was supposed to be updated twice a year at 500.00 for each update.couldnt skip updates either.if you missed one and went to get next one it was 1,000.00 cuz you had to buy the missed update as well as the next update.got rid of it due to the cost of updating it cuz i missed 3 updates on it.

farmiron

Reaction score
that would be a good investment not for me i only have one truck its only worth it if youre making money with it i dont have a budget for this or any kind of equipment if i do buy anything to fix the truck it has to count so back to the problem IPR does any one have a pic or diagram showing what?when?how?and why .the oil passages,this is a daul needle bleed off valve correct ? ps i did testing and the magnet is weak ? at least compared to the parker mag so im going to try that one and ill be back soon with the result ??

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The IPR can just go back. Any way you can just pick up a new one?
Bumper to bumper has the Motorcraft one for a little over $200.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online