94 F250 7.3 Sitting for 15 years

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well *****...watch yer ticker whilst ya getsum...

We do try to help...always check here for parts we have tons of folks with tons of parts...I got ***** tons but no can ship fast...but do ship good stuff!

Saves $$$ most times buying used....

Happy 4th and hope for many many more

Btw..truck sounds alrite..but wadda I know just listning on phone

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha thanx. We been round the block a few times. I got a few little leaks to deal with. No biggie though.

All I need now is clean the paint if I can and tires. Mommas happy as hell

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you unplug the compressor will the pulley spin? That would get you by until you could deal with it maybe. Just pull the plug on top of the compressor for the clutch.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Yep that's a problem. Sounds like the compressor locked up and smoked the clutch. It's probably toast. Might try finding a used compressor. Rock Auto has compressors and clutch combo's for a little over $110-154 and there is a 5 % discount code here on the forum.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I yanked it out and the clutch broke. The spring steel looking pieces. So I yanked that crap off, compressor spins just fine. Left it all unplugged. I'll order one.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get just the clutch I believe if the compressor itself is okay

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think clutch was ok compressor is froze haha. I'll buy one soon. No hurry, it's 50 and raining here right now.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Issue i just noticed... The high idle/cold start even fully out does not touch the throttle! Is this adjustable?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
New Issue i just noticed... The high idle/cold start even fully out does not touch the throttle! Is this adjustable?

Yes.. Its easily adjustable. The brass shaft has a 1/4 inch hex. Unscrew it till it touches the throttle arm or. Loosen the 2 bolts that holds the bracket to the pump and move it towards the firewall. Many times thats all that is required to make it touch again. That solenoid is not strong enough to push open the throttle so the sun visor tells us to step on the throttle pedal to set the cold fast idle. The throttle spring is a double spring by Fedarel standards so make sure you have 2 springs. Just look close at the spring and hopefully you see it is 2 springs. BTW it connects to the ball on the end of the throttle shaft and then way down low on the bracket for the solenoid. A flash light is nice to actually see the "V" notch it rides in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online