94 f350 idi 7.3 turbo diesel air intrusion???

wade911

Reaction score
i have a 94 f350 idi 7.3 turbo diesel super cab duly
idk what it is i though it might be a air intrusion problem or a fuel but idk
truck was running good all weekend till i got diesel then it stalled on me and wont stay running
i have it at shop now still 3 weeks later it will start but wont stray lunging it will stubble an then die
i have put new pump on it i have put new line's on an a new return line kite an put a diesel (e-pump) an, yes i made sure o-rigs weren't damaged when i put them on
an i put clear lines on return from (ip) an from fuel bowl to the return. there seems to be getting air from some were but i cant find it. iv also had the tank droped an drained an fix the broken pick up tube that been broken for years now. glow plugs arw fine the (ip) injection pump is working fine.
any idea's?? please help idk what els to do. or ima just junk it or sell it but i dont want to :( but i ran out of idea's
thanks for looking...

wade911

Reaction score
i can switch tank fine that i know of. i normal use the front one . so when u put it on the back
one the fuel gauge needle drops to about empty. witch it is probably empty. i dont use back one but i did put an clean filter before the main filter to see what
goes in, an what fuel is in the rear tank is like a redish color,

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel tank selector valve on the frame. It will have 6 ports on it. About where the bed and cab meets or just behind it...

wade911

Reaction score
ok i will cheack it out tomorrow after work. i have a clear hose from the filter bowl (housing) to the #1 injection cap (return line) ok no there not much fuel going into that hose
some goes in it but not full like it should be. ?? air from fuel bowl back to tank somewhere in there??

wade911

Reaction score
is it cuz air getting in at or before filter an going to top of filter an just letting air go into return an not fuel?

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wait...you put a electric pump on it? Did you take the mechanical one off? If not it will suck air that way...the mechanical one is under the vaccum pump on the passenger side. It can blow the rubber seal in the mechanical pump and dump fuel all in your oil... they will NOT work together....

wade911

Reaction score
i have replaced the pump a few day ago was hoping that was it but it wasnt.then i put the e pump on. an no i just by passed it an i tryed using it with the e pump as a helper to push fuel in filter to keep primed

Ugly Moosling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You say this started right when you fueled up? Are you sure you didn't get a bad batch of fuel, or even accidentally fill up with gas? Get a jug of fresh diesel and drop a line from the suction side of the e-pump into it. Maybe empty the filter and fill it with the fresh fuel also. Prime it out and see if it runs any better that way.

wade911

Reaction score
iv already had the tank dropped and empty an refilled it .but ill give it a shot
i head ppl say that ford issued a tsd on the return line on filter. an a lof of ppl cap it cuz of air

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01