Dually Brakes on A Single Rear Wheel Differential

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to add some more confusion to this mix, Rockauto lists 2.5", and 3" for my 93 F250 (I'm assuming that is Semi-float vs Full-float); If you look into the 93 F350 it lists 3" and 3.5" for both DRW and SRW applications.

So certain single wheel trucks may have bigger shoes than certain duallies?

yeah,the light duty f250's take the 2.5" shoes.

as for f350,but i always forget this;
did the cab and chassis (which happen to be duallies without a dually rear,but a narrower frame and springs instead) use the 3" shoes? this might explain that.
i hope im not wrong because now i'll just be passing on my own confusion if so lol.

quick search shows i didn't know for sure back in 2013 either.only difference is,then i guessed they did get the 3.5" pickup drw shoe lol.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?64925-Rear-brake-shoe-size

Last edited:

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
IIRC, no. Once again, it's been a long time since I've had the drums off Bruiser's transplanted C&C 10.25", but I'm pretty sure I ended up getting the widest (3.5") shoes that AZ had.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if your memory is correct Crash then this is good news because i know for sure a cab and chassis rear will bolt in place of a srw in a pickup.all that's required is moving the spring hangers.you couldn't run duals but if they do sport 3.5" shoes then this shows that at least the cab and chassis rear will provide you with the wider shoes.
these axles are not pricey like the drw pickup axles either.they're priced more along the lines with the srw pickups.i think the whole axle is slightly wider than the srw pickup axle too (but no where near as wide as the pickups drw) so this could account for the extra room.i dunno.

edit; oh.well tell ya something you dont know lmao.i see Bruiser is a pickup in your sig,so you know this.:D

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Don't forget the lower shock mounts. The C&C 10.25 axles have bolt on versus weld on shock mounts and they are WAY narrow. I ordered some tabs from Ballistic Fab that were radiused for the tube and welded them on.

I would 2ait for someone to verify the shoe width on the C&C axle, like I said, it's been awhile. Like since I swapped the axle in in 2012.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Drw is drw far as brake shoes go. I've never had to specify C&C when buying brakes, and I've never received the wrong ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '91 C/C has the 3.5" shoes. Along with the front discs, it make for a usable
braking system. Even with vacuum booster.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
91srw has 3". 88 drw has3.5". Both stop killer because of oversize wheel cyls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger