Attn OK, AR, TX, KS, & MO Oil burners.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
possible dyno day in oklahoma

Ran an idea past OMB he liked it so i thought i'd shoot it past everyone here.

Would anyone here in the south central us be interested in a dyno day? :dunno

Been in contact with a dyno shop here in the Tulsa OK area and if we could get 10+ trucks to commit we could get 2-3 pulls on the dyno and lunch for say 50 bucks. :thumbsup:

nothing set in stone just throwing an idea out. i know this has been done in other parts of the country and i think it could go over good here too.

post up here if interested and we'll start getting an idea if we can do this or not. no date is set yet and we could use this thread to discuss the event and a suitable date.

come on south central oil burners if the boys to the north can do it why can't we? ;Really

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
might be neat if i can make it to see some westerners while i am stationed in whichitaw falls tx for the next few months.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with OMB on this one shades. Right now things a slowing down and I'm sure I could contribute to your oil burning delinquence. :D

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok shades i can really understand the money tree thing. but you could always come and run that 351 you got and get together with other IDI'ers.

besides, with no more response than what we've got so far it may take more than 6 mos to get enough guys together to get a reasonable price out of the dyno shop.

Ok i addressed this to the guys in the surrounding states but theres no reason that some of our OBN brothers from farther away couldnt come. we'd accept anyone that wanted to come shoot i even posted a link in the IDI section of ps.org.

and if anyone is worried that their truck might run less than top notch on the dyno, don't i'll be running the squirrel mobile and it is certianly less than top notch.

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if I wasn't worried about the trans going in the 351, I would do that. The diesel project has my focus at the moment. But if it happens before I get running, I'll come out and watch.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
When abouts are ya thinking of doing this? We might be able to pull off a trip over that way.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats why i'm posting this so early in the planning stage trying to get ideas when will work for everyone. i think we need to wait for warmer weather, say maybe april or may.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a buddy in mind for catering lunch that makes some awesome bbq.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duane welcome i'm guessing you might have followed my link from PS.ORG. anyway no date has been set yet as i'm trying to get an idea of how many is interested.

still looking at april or may.

duaneboggs

Reaction score
I was all over the place last night so not sure where I found it, however I will keep April or May in the back of my mind and look forward to it.

Duane

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does may first sound to everyone. maybe a few more people will respond if we have a date. this date should give us fair weather and is far enough out to give time for planning

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller