ill have it tomorrow may be a big advance for us

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the psd valve spring is on its way
ill be comparing on the parts motor
now is there any way putting this in the cam could hurt the motor?

they are 3 bucks each and if they fit well be in good water for valve float
also im going with stronger pushrods either way im gonna take one in to match a sbc style one up

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If they are the same we can upgrade to 910 valve springs I think they are called....which are the non-stock valve springs designed for higher boost pressure and higher rpm's ;Sweet

But..............

With our luck they wont work LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found some big block ford springs and bb chevy ones that are very close, dont remember the numbers though. More research in july.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
I found some big block ford springs and bb chevy ones that are very close, dont remember the numbers though. More research in july.

BBC valve springs fit the IH 304, 345 and 392 (done the swap myself) so i wouldn't be surprised if they fit the IDI

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
The dual spring kit for the powerstrokes from hypermax works as well. let me get a pic

Attachments

• MVC-504S.JPG
    MVC-504S.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 26
  • MVC-505S.JPG
    MVC-505S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 18
  • MVC-506S.JPG
    MVC-506S.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting with bated breath to see if this is as plug and play as it was told to me it was. I have infinite faith in the guy who told me's knowledge, so I am assuming so.

But.. I would hate to go through the effort of pulling to find out not.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, how do the keepers like having the added pressure? As I understand it, the keepers are one of the weak spots in this engine...will the extra spring pressure keep them locked to the valve stem better, or are you risking them popping out?

This might be a worthwhile upgrade...and shouldn't be too hard to do ;Sweet it'd be nice to see someone run this setup for a while and see how related parts (cam, lifters, etc) handle it...

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well here we go no pics sorry didnt have camera
but it fits same height same dia inner and outter
but one biggie is its much befier i dont think well have a problem cause its soft till it goes 1/8th inch in
but if yall wait ill run them for a bit and see idk if i should run them in my truck (dd only vehicle now) or the jeep (going to be rarely used project)
the truck will see better real tests like towing etc.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
anyone have the spring pressure and installed height of each?

hmm...beefed up valve springs, better push rods, torquer cam, 4200 govener spring...maybe a winter project...im liking this.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like my motor will be in a few weeks once russ ships that cam and my money gets deliverd to him
but i already got the gov spring ill be looking into the pushrods tomorrow im thing bbf that i saw my one buddy mods everything so hes got a thing for this
and i got the spring too now i plan to have turbo on by end of summer

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im going to be doing a cam swap on the running motor soon (russ's cam) and im thinking about putting them in then it looks very similar just stiffer but i dont wanna bend a pushrod