My Centrifuge Video

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice.
My dad and I have been talking about making our own fuel with prices close to 4 bucks a gallon.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice setup. Those filters are the detroit 10 micron water seperators from napa aren't they?

How well is the pump holding up? I don't have audio on so I'm sorry if you answered those in it..

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, I need to get off my but and get mine set up.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Looks like a nice setup. Those filters are the detroit 10 micron water seperators from napa aren't they?

How well is the pump holding up? I don't have audio on so I'm sorry if you answered those in it..

yes I believe they are 10 micron filters. I've been using them to pull water out before filtering w/ the fuge. I think I'll reverse the process and fuge it first, then try and seperate any leftover water. This should save me some costs as I can prolong the life of the filters

Pump: I think it will hold up just fine. It's too new to say long term, but it's a beast, I have high hopes. The pump itself is insane and a thing of beauty. I'm more interested in how the motor handles it. The design is rated for 10,000 hour continuous duty, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I've really got centrifuge envy:D. That really looks good.;Sweet

If I made a video of my stuff the men in suits,(haz mat that is) would show up at my door and arrest me.:backoff
And Exxon would say, "Hey we didnt have a supertanker accident in Iowa, did we?"
I like making my own fuel mixes but it does make a mess quickly.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I've really got centrifuge envy:D. That really looks good.;Sweet

If I made a video of my stuff the men in suits,(haz mat that is) would show up at my door and arrest me.:backoff
And Exxon would say, "Hey we didnt have a supertanker accident in Iowa, did we?"
I like making my own fuel mixes but it does make a mess quickly.

***** if they saw my driveway theyd say the same thing let alone my setup in the back yard lol

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few Q's.....

What is the price and the specs of the pump?

Do you heat the oil first? What's the coldest oil you've fuged?

Looks like you are pulling the dirty oil out of the same drum you are pumping the clean oil back into. This would probably clean some of the oil 5 times, but not clean some oil at all...or am I missing something?

I have about 800 gallons of wmo and am buying a PA fuge soon. PA seems to like their band heaters a bit too much. If the oil was cold, I'd would rather just turn of a torpedo fueled with my free wmo :D

wmoguy

Reaction score
A few Q's.....

What is the price and the specs of the pump?

Do you heat the oil first? What's the coldest oil you've fuged?

Looks like you are pulling the dirty oil out of the same drum you are pumping the clean oil back into. This would probably clean some of the oil 5 times, but not clean some oil at all...or am I missing something?

I have about 800 gallons of wmo and am buying a PA fuge soon. PA seems to like their band heaters a bit too much. If the oil was cold, I'd would rather just turn of a torpedo fueled with my free wmo :D

Pump mfg info here: http://turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pumps/Exa-Pump/Exa-Pump.html

I've fuged in single digit weather without heating the oil. It works fine provided youve thinned the oil down first. in the video the water bottle full of oil that you see, it had been in my deep freeze all night before starring in that video.

Yes the barrel circulates the oil. After 7-8 passes I'm certain 100% of the oil has been filtered multiple times.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pump mfg info here: http://turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pumps/Exa-Pump/Exa-Pump.html

I've fuged in single digit weather without heating the oil. It works fine provided youve thinned the oil down first. in the video the water bottle full of oil that you see, it had been in my deep freeze all night before starring in that video.

Yes the barrel circulates the oil. After 7-8 passes I'm certain 100% of the oil has been filtered multiple times.

How long does it take you to filter 55 gallons? 7-8 hours?

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a pricey little pump :hail

I'm thinking about buying the dual 55 gph package from PA Biodiesel for $659. Then making up the rest of the kit on my own. I need to call them to see if they supply the plans for the instal

wmoguy

Reaction score
If you buy from them you get access to a whole suite of videos he's made about assembling and using the fuge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist