First diesel 1993 F250 7.3 IDI

Alaska2016

Reaction score
Well I just bought my first diesel. Long time ford owner. 1993 F250 extended cab long bed over 180k on it. So far I have just started the basics. New fuel/water separator,went with the fl-1995 oil filter, air filter, oil pressure sensor(the old one sat below the N on the gauge and didn't move no mater how slow or fast I was going. Dumped several cans of seafoam in the tank to clean up the fuel system. Just tested the coolant. No additives in so now I need to fine we're I can get that in Alaska. NAPA had the test kit but not the additive. I hope there has not been to much cavitation. With the new filters and the seafoam it has started better in the mornings witch have been 9 degrees the last couple of days.

As I look over the truck and read on the forums I see different things that I need to look at. The glow plug wires need to be replaced because of cracked insulators on them. Should order a new set of GP for back ups and it looks like I need to replace the oil lines between each of the injectors as one appears to be leaking. Just another project to keep me busy I guess

jdb

Reaction score
Welcome!

You'll find lots of good advice here.

Glad to know that you are aware that these 7.3 IDI engines can have a cavitation problem, and need special coolant treatment.

jdb

Reaction score
Getting cold up there in Alaska, and some of that cold is coming our way (BC) pretty soon.

How is your project coming?